Haibike XDURO RX 29 Review

A 36v $4000 bike that goes 20 mph?

And you're satisfied with that purchase?...

Ask me again in a few months and maybe I'll have different thoughts, but for now it's pretty fantastic. It sounds like you're saying that I could have either spent less money, or gotten more for my money. You could totally be right, I made an explicit decision not to over-think the purchase decision. You can really burn a lot of time obsessing over this and at some point it becomes way more about the bike than it should be, as opposed to the simple joy of being on it.

A 36v $4000 bike that goes 20 mph?

And you're satisfied with that purchase?...

A Hiabike troll? How cute!

What do you ride joepah?

The Hiabike/Bosch combination is a quality bike with a quality drive system. It offers true value vs a lot of junk out there.

What do you ride?

Edit: I will agree you should never pay the inflated MSRP for any ebike!

Last edited:
Oh hi,

I am not trolling...I have two KTM bikes with the Intuvia Bosch active line. I have noticed some interesting things and have been searching the forums to see others experiences. In fact I will post to the Bosch forum. But quickly, one of my bikes won't let me set the wheel diameter but will let me enable a shift indicator. The other is the opposite. Both bikes are supposed to be 2014, I got them as demo bikes here in the US so their history is somewhat unknown.

I will probably check in with the bike shop (Motostrano in SF bay area) to see if they have any explanation. I need to go play with each bike to document their differences accurately. But I too have noticed funny things about the range indicator. I took my bike ( as opposed to my wife's bike) on a pretty hard ride where it indicated three miles of range left at 1/2 battery level. Basically the ride was 7 miles, 3.5 up at average of 10% grade.

I'll post to the Bosch forum a few days.

For the record I really like the responsiveness of the Bosch system. I commute 15 mile round trip, only use one bar of battery, and have a fun time riding to work.

BTW - Wheel diameter must be set with the controller on the bike. -S

Indeed. Bosch's manual never indicated this so that's probably why you see several of us making this mistake.

Do you happen to know anything about the shift indicator? I don't have that on my bike (at least I don't think I do) and it sounds like a useful tool for learning about how to keep the motor efficient.

Oh hi,

Yes I understand that the display must be mounted. Actually I plan on swapping the displays and see if there is anything different.

OK this just got weird, I rode my bike to work. My bike is the one with shift indicator. It also has a field that says Displ. v5.3.0.0. I could not remember the number while making this post so I went to check it. Now I have the Wheel setting plus two more fields: DU v1.3.2.0 and Bat v1.3.0.0

BTW, I have only seen the shift arrow once. I was a down pointing triangle. I tried to get it to show today but it didn't
I guess I should post to the Bosch forum, see if I can do that tonight.

Last edited:
Do you happen to know anything about the shift indicator? I don't have that on my bike (at least I don't think I do) and it sounds like a useful tool for learning about how to keep the motor efficient.
I've only seen the arrows in the glint of the LCD display, never illuminated, so probably not supported with my unknown firmware version. I do not have access to those other diagnostic values either. Set my wheel size today 2225 cm, will be interesting to see what my typical speed and distances look like since it was off by 130 cm. -S

I've only seen the arrows in the glint of the LCD display, never illuminated, so probably not supported with my unknown firmware version. I do not have access to those other diagnostic values either. Set my wheel size today 2225 cm, will be interesting to see what my typical speed and distances look like since it was off by 130 cm. -S

When I reduced my wheel size setting like you did, I noticed that the motor cut off at a lower speed. In my case 30 km/h instead of 32 km/h. I suspect it's to prevent people from using that as a hack to get increased speed before cutoff. Let me know if you see the same thing.

My wheel size said 2140 and I reduced it to the min, thinking that would increase tops speed before cut-out. I haven't ridden yet, but I will look on the way home.

I measured and increased my wheel size to that value. Turns out I was going a tad faster that previously reported. BTW - since I'm running a circuit the cutoff is irrelevant. PM me if you have tuning specific questions. -S

@NoDTMF We bought our bikes at the same shop!
I think I looked at your bike, I bought the KTM because I have KTM Dirtbike....and I like to think I am not influenced by marketing....
Luckily I am happy with my purchase, and I hope you are as well. The internet folks can be rough!

My wheel size said 2140 and I reduced it to the min, thinking that would increase tops speed before cut-out. I haven't ridden yet, but I will look on the way home.

So, did it reduce/increase/keep the same your top speed before cut out?

With the wheel size reduced, the cut out also reduced, it started to reduce power when the display indicates just below 15 mph. Previously it was about 15.5 or so.
However it doesn't really matter, since the cut out happens at the same real speed no matter what the setting, So I set it back to reflect the accurate tire size.

Actually, did they say what the purpose of the update is? Do you notice any differences. Today I did get the shift indicator to work in both directions (on my bike as the other bike doesn't have that function). I seems to be based on pedal RPM, which concurs with the post about torque in this thread.

Last edited:
They didn't actually talk about the new firmware at all with me. I just played around with it by myself when I got home. I haven't really noticed any differences in terms of motor behavior. It seems to be just some cosmetic changes.

I think I'm going to turn off the shift indicator. It's rather annoying. It keeps telling me to shift up, but I've actually been practicing operating at a higher cadence + lower gear which has eliminated knee pain that I used to get.

Back