Haibike seat tube sizing?

Whatever height lets you ride comfortably and with confidence is the right height no matter what anyone else says.

We're all unique and there's bound to be compromises or at least adjustments needed to fit each rider. I'm proportionally the other direction from you: 1"+ longer inseam but almost 2" shorter overall. Saddle height has been fine on the Medium frame, but I had to swap out the stem to gain an inch of reach and some height on the handlebars plus move the saddle as far back as it can go to accommodate my gangly arms.

Nice looking saddle, let us know how you like it! I have #4 on the way but so far none have improved on the stock and 2 were painful.

Will do! The stock saddle is pretty sweet. I liked the stock men's saddle more than the stock women's saddle, which is why I am trying this Selle Italia one out. I asked the seller if he could swap the women's saddle for the men's one, but they said no.

I'm learning all the geometry differences between the high-step and low-step models. They are actually quite different in a lot of areas, so I think that's what threw me off so much. I test rode the 52cm high step, which was fine, and the 52cm low step is actually bigger in every dimension except for the standover, hence me feeling like I bought a bike built for a giant. I'm hopeful that with a few more tweaks, I'll be able to make this work!
Will do! The stock saddle is pretty sweet. I liked the stock men's saddle more than the stock women's saddle, which is why I am trying this Selle Italia one out. I asked the seller if he could swap the women's saddle for the men's one, but they said no.

I'm learning all the geometry differences between the high-step and low-step models. They are actually quite different in a lot of areas, so I think that's what threw me off so much. I test rode the 52cm high step, which was fine, and the 52cm low step is actually bigger in every dimension except for the standover, hence me feeling like I bought a bike built for a giant. I'm hopeful that with a few more tweaks, I'll be able to make this work!

If swinging your leg over the saddle is difficult then try mounting your bike while holding it at a 45-degree angle. The saddle will be lower to the ground. Then swing your leg over and place it on the outside pedal. Lift the bike up straight using pressure on that outside pedal and ride away. When you stop just lean the bike to a 45-degree angle, weight your inside foot on the ground and then just swing your other foot over.

If swinging your leg over the saddle is difficult then try mounting your bike while holding it at a 45-degree angle. The saddle will be lower to the ground. Then swing your leg over and place it on the outside pedal. Lift the bike up straight using pressure on that outside pedal and ride away. When you stop just lean the bike to a 45-degree angle, weight your inside foot on the ground and then just swing your other foot over.

"If swinging your leg over the saddle is difficult then try mounting your bike while holding it at a 45-degree angle."

Yup, that's what I see some folks doing, albeit not 45 degrees, but definitely a good 20-30 degree lean so that you get a almost "full leg extension" while riding without hyperextending; their is definitely a sweet spot to get it fine tuned. Even with level 1 PAS, you can really generate a lot of power with your legs. Of course, deadlifts, power cleans, squats, etc all help in that effort :)

The upper PAS levels are just icing on the cake. The throttle is just a free add-on bonus that is almost irresistible due to the fun factor.

Back