Haibike Radius Tour

OrTrek

Any experience, thoughts or reviews (I've seen the EBR review) on the 18 Radius Tour? From my test rides I like it plus a great dealer and now priced reasonably. I like these little agile 20"'ers. Likes/dislikes?

Last edited:
My wife (4'10" tall) has the Haibike Radius Tour. She is doing OK on the bike. I have also ridden it periodically (6' tall) so it is very adjustable to suit a variety of riders. In order to fit my wife, I purchased a 2nd seatpost (and seat) and cut it in order to drop it down for her. We kept the original seat and post to fit me and other taller riders. The other bike under consideration was the R&M Tinker, but we never had the opportunity to test-ride and fit to my wife on a Tinker. The Haibike was lightly used and therefore much cheaper.

Attachments

• gigi-ebike.JPG
    gigi-ebike.JPG
    198.1 KB · Views: 901
Any experience, thoughts or reviews (I've seen the EBR review) on the 18 Radius Tour? From my test rides I like it plus a great dealer and now priced reasonably. I like these little agile 20"'ers. Likes/dislikes?
My wife has a Haibike Radius Tour and she loves it. There are so many things to like starting with the impressive Yamaha PW motor/battery to the Shimano Nexus drivetrain (IMO, a great drivetrain for mid drive motors without the stresses that gear changes of regular derailers put on the chain), to the awesome hydraulic brakes and schwalbe tires, integrated front and rear lights, rack & fenders and the complete German engineered Haibike frame that is built to last. Battery range is exceptional (60-80 miles) and with me having installed the PearTune PSO Max Tuning for her https://www.ebay.com/itm/PearTune-M...-Syncdrive-Pedelec-E-Bike-Tuning/112208437252 she can get speeds up to 28mph (without tuning the assist is capped to 20mph). Awesome ebike. If you also can get a great price for it then I say go for it. You won't be disappointed.

Thanks all. I do like this bike. While I do wish it was folding, I can get it in my Subaru Crosstrek. I do have a Radmini that goes in my Jeep and spends most of it's time on forest roads and flat single tracks. The mini has held up well and for this application it works and I like it a lot. It does go in the Crosstrek, but it's a brute. The Crosstrek goes all over the country and I am/was looking for a lighter bike to take with me (my camping/backpack crap can go on the roof cargo rack). Also just riding bikeways. I tried a Tern D8, but it rode no where near what this Haibike does. The wider Haibike 20" tires seem to dampen the jolts better and it still remains really agile.

I also agree and like everything you brought up AZOldTech. Looks like they over produced - $1000 less now. And thanks, I appreciate your insight.

Last edited:
Thanks all. I do like this bike. While I do wish it was folding, I can get it in my Crosstrek. I do have a Radmini that goes in my Jeep and spends most of it's time on forest roads and flat single tracks. The mini has held up well and for this application it works and I like it a lot. It does go in the Crosstrek, but it's a brute. The Crosstrek goes all over the country and I am/was looking for a lighter bike to take with me (my camping/backpack crap can go on the roof cargo rack). Also just riding bikeways. I tried a Tern D8, but it rode no where near what this Haibike does. The wider Haibike 20" tires seem to dampen the jolts better and it still remains really agile.

I also agree and like everything you brought up AZOldTech. Looks like they over produced - $1000 less now. And thanks, I appreciate your insight.
Yes, the Radius Tour is by far a much lighter ebike than any of the rear hub motor ebikes, so it is much easier to handle. BTW if you want even more suspension, try a 31.6mm Suntour NCX 400mm length suspension seatpost. I bought one for my wife from Aliexpress for about $70 and is awesome.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/SR-...st-400mm-27-2-28-6-30-0-30-1/32843172364.html

Thx. Makes sense. I have a NCX on my mini and it works really well. BTW - Some people (reviewers) didn't like the Radius seat - but I found it to be fine.

Thx. Makes sense. I have a NCX on my mini and it works really well. BTW - Some people (reviewers) didn't like the Radius seat - but I found it to be fine.
My wife is also fine with it. Plus other seats are available for $20-30 at Amazon. IMO, there is no reason not to get a particular ebike for a $20-30 seat.

I've had the Haibike Radius for several months and absolutely love it. I'm 5'11" with long legs and I love how much it feels like a normal bike. It feels really balanced and stable. It isn't a folder but it is more compact than most electric bikes and it doesn't have the weak points of a folding bike.

The only issue I had was that the seatpost that came with it was extremely tight so it was very scratched up when I got it. I was afraid that the seat tube was unusually tight but a new suspension seatpost fit perfectly. The video review mentioned a tight seatpost so I wonder if Haibike stocks an odd size seatpost. I installed a By.schulz G.2 Lt Suspension Seatpost and have plenty of length and adjustability for shorter legged people to ride it too.

I also installed some FSA Metropolis handlebars for a little more sweep back.

Attachments

• IMG_0237.jpg
    IMG_0237.jpg
    312.3 KB · Views: 681
  • IMG_0238.jpg
    IMG_0238.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 540
  • IMG_0239.jpg
    IMG_0239.jpg
    265.1 KB · Views: 509
  • IMG_0240.jpg
    IMG_0240.jpg
    349.1 KB · Views: 620
I've had the Haibike Radius for several months and absolutely love it. I'm 5'11" with long legs and I love how much it feels like a normal bike. It feels really balanced and stable. It isn't a folder but it is more compact than most electric bikes and it doesn't have the weak points of a folding bike.

The only issue I had was that the seatpost that came with it was extremely tight so it was very scratched up when I got it. I was afraid that the seat tube was unusually tight but a new suspension seatpost fit perfectly. The video review mentioned a tight seatpost so I wonder if Haibike stocks an odd size seatpost. I installed a By.schulz G.2 Lt Suspension Seatpost and have plenty of length and adjustability for shorter legged people to ride it too.

I also installed some FSA Metropolis handlebars for a little more sweep back.
That looks like a different saddle from stock... but I could be wrong.

I did end up getting this bike yesterday (LBS). Thanks to all that provided insight. Price was a factor - nuts at $1900 IMO.

Rode it today (30 miles) in all kinds of terrain. It actually is what I wanted from the Tern D8 (got the Tern and returned it - rode it 135 miles - thanks REI) The Radius is much better in taking "bumps". Not as jarring as the Tern. In gravel it's OK., actually pretty good. Still an agile little s*it. I like it a lot for my needs. And really like the fact that what you put into it, you get results - if that makes sense - the Yamaha system. Not as powerful as the Rad but more rewarding - well unless I'm tired.

And as you understand it is not folding but fits in my Crosstrek AND fits on my Jeeps spare tire wheel rack. Perfect.

NOW - the Radmini is great for my exploration needs. Where I go with this bike (and the Jeep) I can't think of a better choice for me. The motor goes out, I can pedal. The chain breaks - I can throttle. At least I get back to the Jeep or I die ;). I like it it a lot and for the abuse it takes ( forest roads, literally getting tossed into the back of the Jeep TJ ) it's been bullet proof so far.

This Haibike - perfect for various bikeways as I travel national or locally. And it's a kick to ride.

Pretty early - but initial ride I really like it.

What would I change? Yes the seat post. My LBS took out the "burrs" inside of tube and added a quick release. Still kind of tight. What were they thinking? Also do not like the pedal lock with the kick stand.

Last edited:
I can't decide between this one and Ariel Rider M-Class. Specs of Ariel seem better with more on components but on the otherhand we are talking about Haibike. Can you guys tell me what you liked and disliked about Haibike Radius.

The 70$ suspension seatpost seems a good investment which I will do if I end up buying a Haibike.

Can you guys tell me what you liked and disliked about Haibike Radius.
I like how it handles and how the Yamaha mid-drive feels compared to other ebikes I've tried. I was looking for a mid drive bike with an internal gear hub that wasn't super expensive. I got a really good price from my local bike shop in December and picked it up in March. It was from my local shop so I was able to try it in person.

I like that the stem is very easily adjustable too.

I would definitely swap out the seatpost for something that actually fits. I think either a cheap one or a fancy one would be better than the one that comes with the bike. A 31.6mm seatpost diameter was perfect.

Back