Haibike All Mountain Pro Question/Help

Albe215

Hi there, I purchased a Haibike All Mountain Pro 2016 and got it about 3 months ago. I absolutely love the bike and I'm always looking for ways to improve. Specifically, I like many others, want to find a way to go beyond the 20mph limit. I have tried the Dongle in the past(this is my second bike) but not crazy about the change in display and in addition, kept causing 503 errors(speed sensor and nothing was wrong with the speed sensor(I changed it and tested it) and the errors continued until I finally removed the dongle. So, my question. I understand there is a Pedelec-S version that goes to 28 mph. Is there a way to purchase that engine as a standalone and swap it out for my current one on my All Mountain Pro? While I realize that will be costly and not ideal, was just wondering if it's even possible?

It is a Bosch motor. Don't do anything to it. If you want more speed, sell the bike and replace with a speed pedelec. Bosch does make a high speed motor, but you can't swap them out.

It is a Bosch motor. Don't do anything to it. If you want more speed, sell the bike and replace with a speed pedelec. Bosch does make a high speed motor, but you can't swap them out.
I agree with Berry78, not sure if there's a way to replace the motor because Bosch only sells to OEM companies that install them. Perhaps a busted motor could be replaced, but it would be with the same one. Also, I think the speed and power curve settings for Bosch electric bikes has more to do with software than hardware. The dongles will void your warranty and perhaps wear the motor down faster and since they now sell full suspension mountain style ebikes I'd just save up and go that route. Bulls also has a full suspension speed mountain bike for 2017 that I'm planning to review soon :)

Hi there, I purchased a Haibike All Mountain Pro 2016 and got it about 3 months ago. I absolutely love the bike and I'm always looking for ways to improve. Specifically, I like many others, want to find a way to go beyond the 20mph limit. I have tried the Dongle in the past(this is my second bike) but not crazy about the change in display and in addition, kept causing 503 errors(speed sensor and nothing was wrong with the speed sensor(I changed it and tested it) and the errors continued until I finally removed the dongle. So, my question. I understand there is a Pedelec-S version that goes to 28 mph. Is there a way to purchase that engine as a standalone and swap it out for my current one on my All Mountain Pro? While I realize that will be costly and not ideal, was just wondering if it's even possible?

Your All Mtn pro has a CX motor and there is no speed motor from Bosch in the CX version.
Even if you get the speed motor, the frame won't take it because the CX motor is has different mounting points for this Haibike (slightly angled upwards).

Thanks all, appreciate the responses. after doing some research, came to the same conclusion. While motostrano does sell both engines, they are different sizes and would not fit. So now I'm back to my dilema. Dongle I've used before causes 503 error codes, is there a better/simpler option ? Eoghan, there one you recommend? Also, is there anyway to order spare parts for the new 2016 Haibikes? Other than what motostrano sells, can't find the parts for the 2016 models anywhere. Thanks.

Why do you really need to go faster than 20mph? On the trails? Just be happy and enjoy your bike. I find my Haibike is plenty fast on the trail, if if not for you then find tighter and more technical trails which will give you more thrills. Speed is relative. When I flew planes going 200 knots way up high was boring, But close to terrain even half that speed was tremendously thrilling!

Last edited:
I bought a 2016 haibike allmtn rx, which I've modded significantly. I bought it from ebikeshop in uk with speed dongle fitted and no issues to date. If you press the walk button the assist takes me to 31mph and reads out correct speed. it's great fun, but shop bought and fitted with warranty support from shop.
Only problem is i have no idea what dongle was fitted and by now i would have thought there would be a good reliable dongle on market.

some pics
IMG_0720.jpg

Back