Haibike 2021...this

Manu

Region
Europe
City
Spain (Galicia)
Bad news for 2021 this model with yamaha and aluminum chassis does not exist in the catalog ..... 180mm, in fact there are no yamaha models left in enduro, only the descent.
Malas noticias para 2021 este modelo con yamaha y chasis de aluminio no existe en el catálogo ..... 180mm, de hecho no quedan modelos de yamaha en enduro, solo el descenso.
The 2021 yamaha haibike models will only be on downhill aluminum chassis and full carbon mtb chassis, on Enduro only Flyon remain

link

link to catalog 2021

Last edited:
I looked at the Haibike 2021 catalog (link: https://www.haibike.com/gb/en/ebikes) and found Yamaha edrives alive and well. (note listed in the above link at the FatSix and Full FatSix, which again are Yamaha powered).

Lots of new carbon fiber frames on Xduros featuring Yamaha or Flyon drives.

The shocking thing for me is how Haibike, once a primary Bosch power devotee; now has a very minimal Bosch presence in their entire lineup. It very well may be that Haibike would have to retool their frames to accept the new Bosch motor; as a matter of fact, the Bosch powered emtb's in the Haibike lineup feature a new frame design to accept the motor....

I looked at the Haibike 2021 catalog (link: https://www.haibike.com/gb/en/ebikes) and found Yamaha edrives alive and well. (note listed in the above link at the FatSix and Full FatSix, which again are Yamaha powered).

The shocking thing for me is how Haibike, once a primary Bosch power devotee; now has a very minimal Bosch presence in their entire lineup. It very well may be that Haibike would have to retool their frames to accept the new Bosch motor; as a matter of fact, the Bosch powered emtb's in the Haibike lineup feature a new frame design to accept the motor....
You are right on the money... I see 20 new Yamaha drives in the 2021 lineup and only 9 Bosch.

Go Yamaha PW-X2! ;)

Last edited:

Its more shocking to me, that they have ANY Bosch's left on their line up.

Its more shocking to me, that they have ANY Bosch's left on their line up.
Okay, I'll bite. Why?

Two German companies who pretty much partnered with each other to bring an e-mtb to the mainstream marketplace, drifting apart? My gut tells me that going carbon fiber on many of their emtb frames was an expense that would not allow a new frame design to accept the smaller Bosch motor. Would not surprise me if that change will be seen in the 2022 models.

Is it just me or does the Flyon seem to not be getting much press? I've seen a few folks on the EU boards that have them but they seem to have a lighter than bike also. Whereas the burgeoning light weight low power bikes seem to be doing quite well. I know a 60+lb trail bike isn't in my future.

It always amazes me the scope of Haibikes lineup year to year.

I don't want to say something that might upset Haibike owners and fans, so let me explain why I have never been interested with that brand. Because yes, Haibike is a big name in Poland. Yes, well-specified Haibike e-bikes with good motors can be found at quite attractive price. But... all Haibike e-bikes look as these were made with almost the same frame design! They actually look the same. On my quest for e-bikes, I needed either Step-Through or Low-Step frame. Cannot see any Haibike with such a design...

Again, Haibikes are well-specced and affordable. I simply don't like their looks.

1603778521686.png

HT e-MTB

1603778601364.png

Trekking S-Pedelec

Funny, that's pretty much what I thought about the Vado when I went and looked at my Specialized dealer. :)
Really? :) Please compare the looks of these Specialized e-bikes:
  • Turbo Vado High-Step
  • Turbo Vado Step-Over
  • Turbo Como High-Step
  • Turbo Como Low-Step
  • Turbo Levo
  • Turbo Kenevo
  • Turbo Creo SL
  • Turbo Vado SL
  • Turbo Levo SL
Do these look the same? ;)

Stefan, once again with his full-on raging SDS, Specialized Derangement Syndrome! 🤪Just kidding, friend, you are a good sport and good friend to these forums. This is an argument similar here in the US much like the eternal Ford vs Chevy car arguments.

As a Specialized Fatboy owner since 2015 and a Haibike owner since early 2017, I feel qualifed somewhat to have an opinion about both brands. I find Specialized to be overpriced for what you get. They whittle down their components package for each bike model with surgeon precision, in order to extract the maximum profits possible. So, they outfitted those early FB's with a junk rear hub that broke on many riders. (those bean counter, precision cuts in the components group resulted in them paying for the relacing of new Hope FatSno rear hubs at considerable post-sale expense to them, if the problem was caught in the warranty period!) Creaking press-fit bottom brackets. Crap Tektro hydraulic brakes that had no modulation feel while they squealed like a pig everytime you hit the brakes hard, even after you invest in high-end Shimano Ice-Tech rotors in an effort to kill the squeal. More sophisticated mtb'rs then myself complain about the 1990's geometry. And to look at the 2014 Fatboy then, is to see the 2021 Fatboy of today, no dual suspension model, the same tired frame design. No investment, just milking the cow in the hopes of snagging a buyer here or there. So far, I've lucked out in that my bottom bracket does not creak, nor has the rear hub grenaded itself.

You complain that the frames of H-bike look the same. I say that hydroformed top tube is a Haibike signature that distinguishes it from all the others. So good it is, I see many Chinese clones have applied that look to their lower end ebikes. By the by, they do make a lower stepped top tubed bike, over in the commuter line. H-Bike always had the best paint and graphics package and they keep it fresh most every year with a tweak or complete paint and graphics change.

Over on the MTBR ebike forum, there is a thread there addressing the Brose failed belt drive issue. Brose belt failures aside, the one thing that bugged me about Specialized; that is, beyond the failed belts and the super high price of entry, was the fact that they did not have a bloody display that measured distance traveled, which power setting you were in, battery percentage left, even the time of day. If I recall correct, with those earlier Levos, you could program your fancy I-Phone to give you those readings. Unfortunately, I only own a cheap Trac-Fone. That's okay, as my Yamaha display on the Haibike is there and monitors all of those conditions with the simple push of a button. I understand that an actual display is an option today with that brand?

The one spot where Specialized shines over Haibike here in the US is an established dealer network. And for us Haibike owners, that indeed, is a big issue.

Attachments

• 100_1997.jpg
    100_1997.jpg
    665 KB · Views: 434
  • 100_4779.JPG
    100_4779.JPG
    988.8 KB · Views: 370
A good compromise between Specialized and Haibike is called Cube :) Cube bikes are as good as Haibike, are beautiful, and reasonably priced. What brand is totally overpriced? Trek :)

I don't go into argument with you. I just want to mention the features of my Vado (that is sadly unavailable in the U.S. but is available in Europe):
  1. TRP Zurich brakes (you can faint now)
  2. Supernova M99 Pro headlight (already fainted?)
  3. Specialized 1.2s high torque, true Class 3, silent motor
  4. Stop indicator tail-light
  5. Same drive-train as in Haibike Sduro Trekking S 9.0
  6. Step-through frame (Haibike, shudder!) :)
  7. TCD-W display compatible with Mission Control, BT and ANT+ devices (Intuvia on Haibike?)
etc, etc. 2600 miles ridden and no issues. No cracked frame, no belt issues. The future will tell the truth though.

As I said before, Haibike makes good and affordable e-bikes. Cube is something to consider if I were to buy yet another e-bike :)

Can't speak about Europe, but I see the pricing for Trek to be a much better value then Specialized, who are over the top ridiculous with their prices on the higher end models. The Trek dealer network is the best, imo, almost like a Detroit automaker's dealer network, with a dealer almost within reach of anyone in the US.

Give me the price of the Allant+ 9S and compare it with the most expensive Vado :)

This is a nice looking bike. Closest dealer to me in San Diego appears to have 1 in xtra small in baby blue for 4500. Is extra small to small for me at 5'6"?

Well Stefan, my friend, you asked for it.

Trek Allant+9.9 HS Versus Specialized Turbo Vado 5.0 (2020 versions)

The Allant+ 9.9s costs $5,999 in the US versus $5,150 for the Turbo Vado 5.0 - Vado wins
The Trek has an all carbon fiber frame versus alloy on the Vado 5 - Allant wins
The Vado has 2 piston, older model Shimano XT brakes. The Allant has the latest Shimano 4 piston brakes. - Allant wins
Vado has 5 year old 11 speed XT Group set- Allant has 12 speed. - Allant wins
The Vado has plastic fenders - The Allant has alloy fenders - Allant wins
The Vado had a entry level coil spring front fork - The Allant has a carbon fiber fixed fork - personal preference
The Vado has 47mm tires - the Allant has 64mm tires - Allant wins
Vado motor puts out 90nm Torque - Allant 85nm - Vado wins
Vado battery is 605wH - Allant is 635wH - Allant wins
IN the USA, Trek has the most extensive dealer network by a large margin - Allant wins

In my estimation the above differences in construction and component specs more than account for the $550 difference in price. Heck, the carbon frame alone could justify the added cost.

The Vado is a nice bike. I test rode before buying my Allant 9.9. If the Vado was $500 less, I still would have bought the Allant. Truly a better bike in almost every respect, IMO

Well Stefan, my friend, you asked for it.

Trek Allant+9.9 HS Versus Specialized Turbo Vado 5.0 (2020 versions)

The Allant+ 9.9s costs $5,999 in the US versus $5,150 for the Turbo Vado 5.0 - Vado wins
The Trek has an all carbon fiber frame versus alloy on the Vado 5 - Allant wins
The Vado has 2 piston, older model Shimano XT brakes. The Allant has the latest Shimano 4 piston brakes. - Allant wins
Vado has 5 year old 11 speed XT Group set- Allant has 12 speed. - Allant wins
The Vado had a entry level coil spring front fork - The Allant has a carbon fiber fixed fork - personal preference
Vado motor puts out 90nm Torque - Allant 85nm - Vado wins
Vado battery is 605wH - Allant is 635wH - Allant wins
IN the USA, Trek has the most extensive dealer network by a large margin - Allant wins

In my estimation the above differences in construction and component specs more than account for the $550 difference in price. Heck, the carbon frame alone could justify the added cost.

The Vado is a nice bike. I test rode before buying my Allant 9.9. If the Vado was $500 less, I still would have bought the Allant. Truly a better bike in almost every respect, IMO

Do they both weigh about the same?

Doesn't Allant have 2.4" (60mm) tires? But more importantly Allant has 27.5ers while Vado has 700c/29ers (and probably clearance for 2.1-2.2 ) which are better when riding without/low power especially on the road.
Have to disagree. I own a bike with high quality alloy fenders, it is nice but I really don't see it being superior to a well designed fender like Vado 5.0's .

Allant is 635wH
I thought it was 625wh. But the ability to add a second battery is a big advantage for Allant anyways.

The Vado has 2 piston, older model Shimano XT brakes. The Allant has the latest Shimano 4 piston brakes.

Vado5.0 is $4600 , it comes with 4 piston brakes front and back and it is a much better value at that price compared to Allant9.9s.

@Stefan Mikes Haibike offerings have great frames and so far I have heard less problems with Haibike frames compared to Specialized. I don't agree that they look the same besides that is subjective and their geometries differ from model to model.

Back