Ground breaking sleep technique

duggie

Region
United Kingdom
I have to be straight with you and say that this technique is a bit strange. I can't fathom how it works, but it does something, perhaps something to do with when we perhaps slept in tree tops a couple of million years ago....something like that, long lost, but still the remnants in our DNA.

I made the discovery by pure accident. Let me explain: when I am ready to try and fall asleep, I wear a comfortable black eye mask and lay upon my side. I always listen to talk stations on the radio to drift off to, hopping between four stations using the preset buttons which I can operate in the dark by feel, needing only to reach my arm out to the radio by my side. However, it sometimes takes time to find which station to listen to at that moment as I have to have a little listen sample of each, so my hand is out over the radio for often some minutes. As you would expect, this places an uncomfortable strain on my arm. So, if I am laying on my right side, then it is my left arm reaching out to the radio. However, I discovered that I could easily use my right arm and hand to hold up my left outreached arm. The height was perfect, the placing was perfect, and the whole 'structure' held itself in place with no effort at all. In the dark, with this all in place, I noticed that it actually felt very pleasant. My right arm, braced vertically upright, taking the weight sort of.......sort of felt like my arm had become detached from my body......I was after all holding my arm up taking the full dead weight rather than my body doing that.

At this point something happens to the brain. Somehow the brain approves very much. Perhaps it feels my arm is safely around a tree branch. The brain feels secure and soon and suddenly, in this strange state, unconsciousness comes.

The only problem is that as soon as sleep comes the 'structure' collapses and wakes you up. But this is a work in progress, the trick being to dismantle the structure just before sleep happens.

Back