Greetings from St. Louis

Thxcuz

Region
USA
Howdy folks. I’ve been researching ebikes since back in the Currie days. When I asked about them at my LBS I would either get laughed out of the store or told that it’s not real cycling. Years ago I bought a folding ebike -24v of geared power!
the battery didn’t last or something wasn’t wired right and it didn’t last. I got into pedal power and abandoned the idea of ebikes.
I build a ton of “happy time” engine bikes and also started restoring 70’s mopeds. A few months ago I had some money burning a hole in my pocket so I took a chance on a kit from Alibaba.com. I put it on my Electra townie and haven’t looked back.
I’d like to do some overnight bike trips on it. I’m thinking a spare battery would be helpful. Anyone carry a spare when they go on long trips?
I’d like to find a group of ebike people to ride with kind of like the moped “gangs”

Attachments

• 348C5A85-E339-4008-ABE0-0B1304BBA04F.jpeg
    348C5A85-E339-4008-ABE0-0B1304BBA04F.jpeg
    990.6 KB · Views: 153
Welcome. Group rides are great and I started one with a buddy. I think the key is to make the starting time and place consistent. Then word will spread and it will grow. We often do about 35 miles of hills and wind each week. I can carry an extra battery if I want but I use an interchangeable connector so I can use a lightweight battery for most rides and a heavier one only when needed or even a much heavier one.

Then I may as well put it out there - who wants to ride Sunday or Tuesday evenings in St. Louis?

Then I may as well put it out there - who wants to ride Sunday or Tuesday evenings in St. Louis?
There is an older thread here

So while I got you here…I got a triangle bag and threw my controller and rats nest of wiring in the bag. I found an old huffy bread loaf seat and I’m gonna see if I like that better than the Electra standard seat (so far, I don’t)

too many bags? I recon I can haul 2 gallons of milk and a 6 pack. Or no milk and a 30 pack (split between bags)

Attachments

• 444EEE0E-3448-4111-A58D-9027477B505A.jpeg
    444EEE0E-3448-4111-A58D-9027477B505A.jpeg
    908.3 KB · Views: 148
I just made this one seconds ago from a recycled ten year-old Marin bike and tested it. The 48V battery locks and has the charge port, USB and On Off switch under the top cover. The owner is an San Francisco Peace Officer and wants a climber.

Attachments

• PaulMarin01.JPG
    PaulMarin01.JPG
    388.2 KB · Views: 138
  • PaulMarin02.JPG
    PaulMarin02.JPG
    316.8 KB · Views: 135
  • PaulMarin03.JPG
    PaulMarin03.JPG
    374.4 KB · Views: 139
Back