Greetings from Melbourne, Australia

NitroMatt

Greetings!

I'm still relatively new to e-bikes, currently have 3. A rear hub conversion on a Hybrid that I fitted myself, Giant Trance-E 3 2019 MTB and finally just picked up a Giant Quick-E 2019 on the weekend. The Hybrid I'm going to sell, the conversion is pretty good, but wanted more range and a pedelec and hence the Quick-E purchase. Love it so far, primary use is commute and fitness. Wanting to get out and try the battery range on it as soon as I have a few spare hours. Also get out on the weekends on my Trance-E at the local MTB bike, so much fun.

I'm rapidly closing in on 50, returned to cycling about 3 years ago and love it.

Also have a road bike which is going to be sold as it's not being used, plus I never got the hang of, or felt comfortable clipping in/out.

Found the forum through my researching of the Quick-E, looks to be a great resource and love reading about what people have done with their e-bikes, will post some thoughts in the Giant forum on my two.

Welcome to the site.
Enjoy your new purchase. I returned to cycling about age 58; 11 years later I'm doing it more than ever. Rode 6 miles today in a steady rain. See you're having hot sunny weather, which never slowed me down either. I do cover up in the sun. I'm never so hot as when I'm sunburned.

Welcome, Matt! I hope you find this forum informational. Don't hesitate to ask questions - the members are awesome here! I look forward to reading of your experiences.

Welcome aboard! I got my ebike at age 49.5 -- after not being on a bike of any kind, for 20+ years. One of the best purchases of my life, I'd say at this point!
(Also -- I later added clip pedals -- and while there was a learning curve to get over, I LOVE them now, and feel like they have a measurable impact on my pedaling performance.)
Be sure too, you join in on the threads here for "pics of your bike" and also "pics where you ride" -- a few Aussies and Kiwis post there now, and plenty of us are envious as a result ;)

Welcome. I almost purchased the Giant Quick-E myself. It was one of the finalist for my first ebike. Time will tell if I made the right decision. The Giant definitely felt fast. It's a class 3 here in the states with a top speed of 45 kph. I look forward to reading your thoughts on the Quick-E. I could see a e-mtb in my future.

Thanks all for the warm welcome!

Will be sure to post some pics in the coming weeks. Has been quite warm down-under this summer, hasn't stopped me getting out though. Would love to have a restriction of 45kph in Australia @Tim859 means we wouldn't be looking at 'un-restricting' them.

Back