Greetings and Trepidation from Lee Vining

Bodiejack

Region
USA
Howdy Folks! I'm Jack from the far eastern edge of California. Being over 70 and with injured legs, I had given up bicycles a couple years ago, but just recently tried out an electric bike to help me get around the many miles of lonely-but-beautiful roads in Mono County. Well, it worked like a charm, so I picked up a brand new Aventon Pace 500.3, and that's when the "trepidation" started. On the second day of riding, the whole electrical system shut down: lights, motor, display screen. It was difficult but possible to get the thing restarted, but it would cut out again after 2 or 3 minutes. Tried a new battery a few days later, and the same problem occurred. So now I've got a request in to the Aventon support site (They say it will take 5 days to respond), and I'll spend today looking through the various posts on this wonderful EBR website (Thanks Court, and others!), trying to get some repair hints from more tech-savvy bike people.

Welcome to the forum, and may your issue be resolved quickly.

Howdy Folks! I'm Jack from the far eastern edge of California. Being over 70 and with injured legs, I had given up bicycles a couple years ago, but just recently tried out an electric bike to help me get around the many miles of lonely-but-beautiful roads in Mono County. Well, it worked like a charm, so I picked up a brand new Aventon Pace 500.3, and that's when the "trepidation" started. On the second day of riding, the whole electrical system shut down: lights, motor, display screen. It was difficult but possible to get the thing restarted, but it would cut out again after 2 or 3 minutes. Tried a new battery a few days later, and the same problem occurred. So now I've got a request in to the Aventon support site (They say it will take 5 days to respond), and I'll spend today looking through the various posts on this wonderful EBR website (Thanks Court, and others!), trying to get some repair hints from more tech-savvy bike people.
Welcome to the forum! I inherited this plaque from my Great Aunt who was an awesome fisherwoman. (you may have to zoom in at the bottom of plaque) There must be fishing in Lee Vining? I also believe you can say the same thing about golfers!

Attachments

• Lee Vining.jpg
    Lee Vining.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 94
Back