Greetings All. Ordered Ripcurrent S Stepthru

Hagar

Region
USA
Thanks to everyone here, I got up the nerve to order a yellow RCS step through due for delivery iin October. I am north of Seattle and hope to get on the many rails to tails opportunities here. My regular bike hung upside down in the garage for 25 years while I operated my heavy trucking business and I found, when I pulled it down, that I was now an old man. Hence the ebike to get moving again. I need to lose 60 pounds so here goes. A couple comments and questions. My left hand was mangled in an a machine about 10 years ago and I am missing parts of three fingers and the whole hand is numb. I am concerned about the left handed throttle. I think I will manage but has anybdy successfully switched it to the right side? Or installed a twist throttle on the right side? And going through the generic manual on line, it appears that there is no running odometer, just a trip odometer. Is this correct? It seems that all the local bike shops will only work on their brand of bikes. Is this the case normally? Anybody know of Seattle shops that would do repairs and upgrades? Thanks and I look forward to many years of getting Juiced.

Sorry to hear about your accident.. just wanted to say congrats on your new ebike. I'll let the experts chime in though. I will say some bike shops will service multiple brands but i don't know much on juiced.

I'm sure someone that knows will chime in.

I switched my RC throttle from the left to the right with no problems. I asked Juiced about a twist throttle and they said it couldn't be done. That may have changed as that was two years ago.

I switched my RC throttle from the left to the right with no problems. I asked Juiced about a twist throttle and they said it couldn't be done. That may have changed as that was two years ago.
Thanks Teskow. I saw a reference to somebody doing that also. Was it hard? Need any parts? Thanks!

Hope you love the bike. I think the LCD is the same as all their bikes and there is a running odometer as well as a trip odometer. Different screens, I can't remember if you can get the trip OD on the main screen. I was hoping to switch the throttle to the right hand side on my RCS, but given the type of shifter used I just could not figure out a layout I would like. I still may try it. Show pics if you do it, I think the bars are similar, if not the same, between the models. You won't need any special tools, the right hex key should so it as with most accessories and then just re-routing the cable. You may need to cut a zip tie and replace it, I can't check right now as I wrapped my cables.

I had to shave a bit off of the shifter leaver to get clearance.

Attachments

• IMG_0440.jpeg
    IMG_0440.jpeg
    483.5 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_0440.jpeg
    IMG_0440.jpeg
    483.5 KB · Views: 290
So I stayed home all day Sunday. No delivery. They said Monday. I syated home all day Monday. Now theysay Tuesday. FedEx could screw up a wet dream, I swear.

I had three different delivery dates from FedEx. I had to change plans to accommodate delivery because someone had to be home to accept delivery. The day the bike arrived, I see the driver dropping off the bike without getting a signature. Kind of crazy. BUT, my CrossCurrent S2 is great! No issues! The torque sensor really performs well. Rode last night around the neighborhood with the light. Very bright!
The bike is fast with pedal assist. Got it up slightly past 30mph without too much effort. Could probably go up to 32-34 while still having some pedal resistance available. The Gearing range on this bike is excellent.
So far, I am very happy with my selection.

One thing Juiced does right is the gearing. The gearing on my RCS is excellent and well thought out.

I also bought the Yellow one. It was deliverd 2 days late and they did not inform me it was going to be late. Wasted a day waiting around. I think there should be no problem switching the throttle to the other side. You may have to move some things around on the right side of the handlebar. The odometer is on the second screen. The first screen is simplified info, the second is detailed. It is in the manual as to how to do that.

I cannot believe how fun this bike is! I successfully moved the throttle to the right side. Only concern is I am a big guy, 260 pounds, and when I am going down steep hills at speed I really have to squeeze the brakes harder than i would have expected to stop. I think until I lose weight I just need to be careful and brake early. Now unfortunately the Seattle rains are coming….

Any comments on the front fork, I heard from an earlier poster who bought the ripcurrent S that the front fork was weak and would scrape when turned all the way to either side, has this been corrected?

Any comments on the front fork, I heard from an earlier poster who bought the ripcurrent S that the front fork was weak and would scrape when turned all the way to either side, has this been corrected?
I jave noticed the scrape but I cannot figure out the source. I figure my 265 pounds might have something to do with it but my bike shop confirmed it was not the brakes.

Max the air pressure of the fork to 120psi you will need a shock pump. The fork will have a compression dial on the right side. Click to fully open and then move it back one click at a time toward closed to firm up the suspension. Ride then 1 click toward firm then repeat until you have acceptable ride. Also use the fork O ring to measure your travel I will usually bottom out my fork but that's while riding single track trails.

Thanks IOUZIP. Worked perfectly. I realized it was not the brakes when I tightened the suspension all the way and the squeel stopped.

Back