Greeting from a new member!

Ruby Rider

Region
USA
City
Sunbury
Hello Everyone:
Great to see a forum dedicated to Ebike riders! I'm usually on the crazyguyonabike website but unfortunately, I recently discovered that the site doesn't permit travel journals from riders using electric bikes so I started to look around and discovered EBR. I've attached a small (not very good) photo of my Trek Allant+ 8s sitting here in my office after my morning commute. I purchased Ruby (yep, that's her name - imaginative huh!?) in August 2020 from S & B Cyclery in Selinsgrove, PA (hope it's okay to put in this plug since my son-in-law and daughter are the owners - yep I'm one lucky father!) and since that time I've logged nearly 5600 miles on her through my daily commuting and weekend rides. I've made some slight modifications since the original purchase - I've added an additional battery for increased range, a Spank Vibrocore handlebar, swapped out the stock seat for my trusty Brooks B17 saddle, a stem with a higher rise (I like a more upright riding position), Schwalbe Marathon E-Plus tires, new rims (I cracked the factory originals - they were still under warranty), a front pannier rack, and a Cane Creek Thudbuster seat post. And as a result of the 5600 miles I've ridden so far, I've worn out 3 chains, a set of tires, front and rear brake pads, rear cassette, and front chain ring.
So that's the information about my bike, as for me I'm a 62 year old male who has ridden bicycles for as long as I can remember. Not necessarily for speed but for distance and travel. I have a few bicycle tours under my belt, including parts of the TransAM trail and the entire Pacific Coast trail that have been created by the Adventure Cycling Association. According to my doctor, my checkups always reveal whether or not I've been riding and, sad to say, there was a period of years where I just didn't get on a bike. I made a concerted effort to change that attitude several years ago and got back into near daily riding on one of my regular touring bikes. However, my son-in-law then introduced me to ebikes and, as they say, the rest is history. I started commuting to work in August of 2020 and started using my new bike so much that my wife (she also now has an ebike) and I went down from having 2 cars to 1. I've improved my health, and I feel like a kid again when I'm riding. On weekends I'll go for long rides and not worry about the next hill or whether or not I have the energy to go as far as I would like and still make it home and I can "explore" again like I did as a kid. My Trek has made biking fun again and I'm happy to say that I'm addicted to riding once again! So much so, that upon retirement in June I'll be attempting a rather lengthy tour over the summer - something I've dreamed about for years. So now my weekend rides consist of training runs incorporating the necessary gear I'll need to determine what my average power consumption will be fully loaded and climbing as many hills as possible. So, that's a little bit about me and my bike in a nutshell! Thanks for reading!

Attachments

• IMG_0401.JPG
    IMG_0401.JPG
    481.1 KB · Views: 222
Witam wszystkich.
Przez 3 lata montowałem pierwszy silnik w mojej poziomce, potem montowałem go do reszty motocykli. Truskawka i Eries to wycieczki rowerowe, a Giant to góry i las.

Attachments

• Eries4.jpg
    Eries4.jpg
    787.8 KB · Views: 214
  • Giant.jpg
    Giant.jpg
    572.6 KB · Views: 217
  • Poziom.jpg
    Poziom.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 208
Witam wszystkich.
Przez 3 lata montowałem pierwszy silnik w mojej poziomce, potem montowałem go do reszty motocykli. Truskawka i Eries to wycieczki rowerowe, a Giant to góry i las.

This was Google’s translation. Anywhere close to being correct?

Hello all.
For 3 years, I installed the first engine in my wild strawberry, then I attached it to the rest of the bikes. Strawberry and Eries are bike tours, and Giant are mountains and forest.

Nice bikes Irenty.
Fajne rowery Irenty.

Hello Everyone:
Great to see a forum dedicated to Ebike riders! I'm usually on the crazyguyonabike website but unfortunately, I recently discovered that the site doesn't permit travel journals from riders using electric bikes so I started to look around and discovered EBR. I've attached a small (not very good) photo of my Trek Allant+ 8s sitting here in my office after my morning commute. I purchased Ruby (yep, that's her name - imaginative huh!?) in August 2020 from S & B Cyclery in Selinsgrove, PA (hope it's okay to put in this plug since my son-in-law and daughter are the owners - yep I'm one lucky father!) and since that time I've logged nearly 5600 miles on her through my daily commuting and weekend rides. I've made some slight modifications since the original purchase - I've added an additional battery for increased range, a Spank Vibrocore handlebar, swapped out the stock seat for my trusty Brooks B17 saddle, a stem with a higher rise (I like a more upright riding position), Schwalbe Marathon E-Plus tires, new rims (I cracked the factory originals - they were still under warranty), a front pannier rack, and a Cane Creek Thudbuster seat post. And as a result of the 5600 miles I've ridden so far, I've worn out 3 chains, a set of tires, front and rear brake pads, rear cassette, and front chain ring.
So that's the information about my bike, as for me I'm a 62 year old male who has ridden bicycles for as long as I can remember. Not necessarily for speed but for distance and travel. I have a few bicycle tours under my belt, including parts of the TransAM trail and the entire Pacific Coast trail that have been created by the Adventure Cycling Association. According to my doctor, my checkups always reveal whether or not I've been riding and, sad to say, there was a period of years where I just didn't get on a bike. I made a concerted effort to change that attitude several years ago and got back into near daily riding on one of my regular touring bikes. However, my son-in-law then introduced me to ebikes and, as they say, the rest is history. I started commuting to work in August of 2020 and started using my new bike so much that my wife (she also now has an ebike) and I went down from having 2 cars to 1. I've improved my health, and I feel like a kid again when I'm riding. On weekends I'll go for long rides and not worry about the next hill or whether or not I have the energy to go as far as I would like and still make it home and I can "explore" again like I did as a kid. My Trek has made biking fun again and I'm happy to say that I'm addicted to riding once again! So much so, that upon retirement in June I'll be attempting a rather lengthy tour over the summer - something I've dreamed about for years. So now my weekend rides consist of training runs incorporating the necessary gear I'll need to determine what my average power consumption will be fully loaded and climbing as many hills as possible. So, that's a little bit about me and my bike in a nutshell! Thanks for reading!
Welcome Ruby Rider,
It’s great to see you are addicted to ebikes, just like many of us. Well said, like being a kid again.
Looking forward to seeing your adventures.
That’s a nice looking bike, but an even better looking dog! 😊

Welcome Ruby Rider,
It’s great to see you are addicted to ebikes, just like many of us. Well said, like being a kid again.
Looking forward to seeing your adventures.
That’s a nice looking bike, but an even better looking dog! 😊
My dog is also named Ruby - she’s a rescue going on 12 years now! Definitely will overwhelm you with her kisses!

Wow - 3 chains in 5600 miles? I normally get that per chain (a few decades ago before I got back into bikes in 2020). I have been told that mid motor bikes can be hard on bicycle chains. Takes great advantage of the gearing, but that is a lot of wear and tear on the bicycle components.

Hello Everyone:
Welcome to EBR ! And you should be proud of your kid ... that's a good bike shop!
I missed your introduction, but that's the shop I liked well enough to buy my helmets from even though I didn't like the pair of Trek Verve ebikes I test rode there. And yes, I am also from Selinsgrove.

Back