GPS Tracker For Watt Wagons

Interesting...seems like the GPS tracker I have is mentioned in that article. Neat, they also have a link to buy it but it’s a bit more pricey than what I bought it for.

I dont like the boomerang because its too visable, if the thief knows about your GPS tracker the more likely it will be destroyed before doing any good tracking.

What do you guys think about this?
Anyone tried it

No, I have not and likely never will, with all the trouble people have been having with it and the company.

I am waiting for the imminent release of apple air tags. The tech reportedly works with any of the billions of iPhone in proximity location. They are supposed to be round so maybe you can just affix a simple reflector to disguise it.

I am waiting for the imminent release of apple air tags. The tech reportedly works with any of the billions of iPhone in proximity location. They are supposed to be round so maybe you can just affix a simple reflector to disguise it.
Cool. Let’s see how they work. If they are anything like Tile, that will be great.

I don't think it would perform so well if completely shielded by your handlebars unless they are carbon fiber. Plus you don't want the hassle of changing your battery every 7 days (which is probably optimistic for battery life). If you have the option to secure a tracker in the downtube near internal routing holes and hardwired to battery I would go that route. Here is my experience with a couple trackers.

Reviving this old thread to ask if anyone has found something they're happy with that we know will work with the new bikes? Those Apple Air Tags still aren't released and from what I've read we're well into next year before they will be.

Reviving this old thread to ask if anyone has found something they're happy with that we know will work with the new bikes? Those Apple Air Tags still aren't released and from what I've read we're well into next year before they will be.
AirTags will not be the greatest solution. You will have to rely on other iPhones for that to work. From what I've read (and I am in the wireless business) AirTags will rely on the U1 chipset that supports UWB (Ultra-Wideband) meaning the 5.8 GHz frequency in the USA. In order to utilize UWB you have to allow your device to connect and with how whackadoodle the conspiracy theorists are out there about privacy you can be sure there will some uproar if Apple rolls it out wrong.

You also have charging to worry about. So in all likelihood it will be a nice "just in case" thing, but it would have to rely on a fresh enough battery to find the bike and then a community of open Apple devices in range of the bike.

Don't get me wrong...I want an AirTag for my wife's keys alone as it should work better than a Tile. But I cannot see it working for tracking bikes as well as a hidden GPS tracker connected to the main battery.

Pushkar actually addressed the GPS in another thread after I revived this one. Sounds like he’s got a great solution for us.

Back