GPS alarm/tracker coming

This is a very excited development! This will launch in Germany first and we hope to eventually see it make its way here to the US. The problem is we don’t have the same cell service reliability as Germany so it’s difficult to offer the same garuntee.

I’m sure there are other businesses and industries very interested in solving this problem. I’m optimistic that this will be a meaningful step to address the threat theft poses to the future of Ebikes as a transportation solution.

My Piaggio wi-bike had it and it worked great. But it got recalled. If I just bumped the bike in the garage I got a cell phone message that my bike was being stolen

My Piaggio wi-bike had it and it worked great. But it got recalled. If I just bumped the bike in the garage I got a cell phone message that my bike was being stolen

You know when you see the cell phone company commercials and they are super proud of their network, but there are huge areas that aren’t covered. I mean if you live in a very developed area it shouldn’t be an issue, but many people don’t. Then there are cities like NYC where you have super tall buildings. These devices can’t determine elevation, in theory you could use this in conjunction with a Bluetooth connection to more accurately determine the location, but it’s not something I would bet my money on. I certainly wish I could though and I’m trying hard to figure this out. I’ll be keeping a close eye on these developments in the meanwhile.

It also showed my location on a Google map and the location of the bike. I believe it used ATT

I hope RM will offer it as an add on option to the Nevo Nuvinci

I use the Sherlock GPS and except for frequency of recharge it works well. I purchased,two unfortunately the small Nevo 43cm bike’s handlebar inter diameter is too small, so I now have a backup for the standard Nevo.

I use the Sherlock GPS and except for frequency of recharge it works well. I purchased,two unfortunately the small Nevo 43cm bike’s handlebar inter diameter is too small, so I now have a backup for the standard Nevo.

How long does it last with a full charge? Does it work inside like in a garage?

The unit stays charged for about two weeks and it works in a wooden structure garage.

You know when you see the cell phone company commercials and they are super proud of their network, but there are huge areas that aren’t covered. I mean if you live in a very developed area it shouldn’t be an issue, but many people don’t. Then there are cities like NYC where you have super tall buildings. These devices can’t determine elevation, in theory you could use this in conjunction with a Bluetooth connection to more accurately determine the location, but it’s not something I would bet my money on. I certainly wish I could though and I’m trying hard to figure this out. I’ll be keeping a close eye on these developments in the meanwhile.
If you have a GPS receiver that can latch on to many different GPS satellite systems (American GPS, Russian Glonass, Chinese Beidou & European Galileo) as well as use a Barometric Pressure sensor to estimate elevation it =should= be way more accurate inbetween skyscrapers, etc.

Back