Got the Sport and the Flow. The Pros and Cons.

How do you raise the stem? I was only able to rotate the angle. I rotated as far as I could closer to the rider, and if I went any further it would strain the cable that goes to the display.

You can only rotate the angle. I think to raise you would need to add spacers. The other option would be handlebars with more rise. I am content now with my Sport stock bars with the angle rotated to about 40 degrees. This bike is smooth as silk and is perfect on bike baths and streets. I wouldn't hesitate to take it on flat desert trails but am not crazy about fixing flat tires. It's my "go to the golf course/grocery store" machine and putter mobile. For $1300, I think it would be hard to find a better value...

You can only rotate the angle. I think to raise you would need to add spacers. The other option would be handlebars with more rise. I am content now with my Sport stock bars with the angle rotated to about 40 degrees. This bike is smooth as silk and is perfect on bike baths and streets. I wouldn't hesitate to take it on flat desert trails but am not crazy about fixing flat tires. It's my "go to the golf course/grocery store" machine and putter mobile. For $1300, I think it would be hard to find a better value...
I agree. I just need to find out what is causing the rhythmical clicking I’m hearing from the back wheel area. Also, what tire pressure are you keeping your tires at? Is it common to lose tire pressure and have to refill?

I agree. I just need to find out what is causing the rhythmical clicking I’m hearing from the back wheel area. Also, what tire pressure are you keeping your tires at? Is it common to lose tire pressure and have to refill?

I think I'm keeping mine at 45 and if you are losing pressure it means you have a small thorn that created a baby hole in your tube. Take the wheel and tire off, find and remove the splinter, then add Slime and pump it back up. Problem solved. I will need one of the board experts to help with the clicking. Taylor

Have any of you Sport owners considered moving to a 2.3 inch tire? I asked Espin today what was max width and they indicated that customers have maxed at 2.3. I'm wondering if that would offer better performance on dirt trails. So far I have been staying on bikepaths, sidewalks streets etc, but my neighbor showed up today with a dual suspension Specialized something or another and he was headin for the hills behind the grocery store...

They used to sell these through dealers and dealers were charged a price higher than $1199. How do they sell what used to go for $1799 and manage to stay in business, since they are also including free shipping, which they did not include for dealers either ? So are they buying this bike from china at $600 ? Quality batteries cost half that, which doesn't leave much room for quality anything on the rest of the bike. Otherwise , The math just doesn't add up to have a sustainable business model unless those are knock off chinese batteries and fake label components. Perplexing importing white label to say the least.

Have any of you Sport owners considered moving to a 2.3 inch tire? I asked Espin today what was max width and they indicated that customers have maxed at 2.3. I'm wondering if that would offer better performance on dirt trails. So far I have been staying on bikepaths, sidewalks streets etc, but my neighbor showed up today with a dual suspension Specialized something or another and he was headin for the hills behind the grocery store...
The fenders nearly rub as is. Good luck with that one unless you remove fenders altogether.

They used to sell these through dealers and dealers were charged a price higher than $1199. How do they sell what used to go for $1799 and manage to stay in business, since they are also including free shipping, which they did not include for dealers either ? So are they buying this bike from china at $600 ? Quality batteries cost half that, which doesn't leave much room for quality anything on the rest of the bike. Otherwise , The math just doesn't add up to have a sustainable business model unless those are knock off chinese batteries and fake label components. Perplexing importing white label to say the least.
I cannot vouch for longevity, but there is very little about the Espin Sport that needs improvement from my experience - better tires, pedals, perhaps.

Just an update as I have a broken fender on my sport and had to remove it. It's been 2 weeks and a replacement has not come yet.
So just be warned.
Hope you received your new spoke. Are there third party spokes that would work ?

For those of you who hesitated on pulling the trigger on an Espin, the prices just went up-and I still think they are great values at the new prices!! Went for my first ride on Sport since my surgery and forgot how awesome it rode. I added the Redshift suspension stem and could really feel it working. My Suntour suspension seat post comforted my backside and my Mirrcyle did it's job for my rear view. I am adding my new Giddy Up seat with flashing light this afternoon. I am going to be doing more early evening rides in the dark, so I have ordered quite a bit of Neon reflective gear, flashing lights and spoke reflectors etc.

For those of you who hesitated on pulling the trigger on an Espin, the prices just went up-and I still think they are great values at the new prices!! Went for my first ride on Sport since my surgery and forgot how awesome it rode. I added the Redshift suspension stem and could really feel it working. My Suntour suspension seat post comforted my backside and my Mirrcyle did it's job for my rear view. I am adding my new Giddy Up seat with flashing light this afternoon. I am going to be doing more early evening rides in the dark, so I have ordered quite a bit of Neon reflective gear, flashing lights and spoke reflectors etc.
Glad you are able to ride again.

I cannot vouch for longevity, but there is very little about the Espin Sport that needs improvement from my experience - better tires, pedals, perhaps.
They use some Chinese components but make bikes in Taiwan. The components are good for my use. Heard they just raised prices some.

Are you sure that the clicking is not coming from one of your pedals, had the same problem and a new set of pedals took care of it.

Are you sure that the clicking is not coming from one of your pedals, had the same problem and a new set of pedals took care of it.
I'm not digging my newly received Flow's pedals at all...seem too small to me. I think I need to get my foot further away from crank...my heel is hitting the kickstand occasionally.
Can I ask what pedals you bought?

I'm not digging my newly received Flow's pedals at all...seem too small to me. I think I need to get my foot further away from crank...my heel is hitting the kickstand occasionally.
Can I ask what pedals you bought?

Back