Got my first flat on my Ultimate Commuter Pro

Thanks for this, I’m going to double check mine and see what my psi range is

it’s really weird, one of the mechanics at the bike shop freaked out that I was running 22 with Tubes and they wanted to change me to tubeless so when I left the bike at the same shop for repairs a while ago told them to change it to tubeless and the mechanic that was there that day because my wheels are not tubeless ready did not think I should do it, I actually never have flats Yvonne on the crappy Kendas that came on a bunch of the cheap bikes

but I don’t want to in the future

I have never had a pinch flat, have had a couple of those big thorns get in there and eventually cause a problem but I think that’s happened twice

and the thing is I’m always off road in rough terrain and I worry a little bit about pinch flats but so far never
When I get a few minutes today going to look at my tire really good and check the PSI again but I think it just said 35 PSI instead of a range

Will post back

Thanks for this, I’m going to double check mine and see what my psi range is

it’s really weird, one of the mechanics at the bike shop freaked out that I was running 22 with Tubes and they wanted to change me to tubeless so when I left the bike at the same shop for repairs a while ago told them to change it to tubeless and the mechanic that was there that day because my wheels are not tubeless ready did not think I should do it,

The Mechanic at the shop did not just suggest that you inflated your tyres more? and hand you a pump? thats what I would have done in his position :)
He was correct to be shocked by the pressure or lack of it tho. Even if your not getting punctures it will also cause extra drag and almost a jelly like feeling going round corners like the tyre is deforming?
But to my knowledge almost any wheel can be converted to tubeless with the correct rim tape (or gaffa tape) a valve some sealant and as long there is sufficiant bead making a contact with the tyre. Tubeless ready is a marketing term on rims. Tyres do need to be tubeless ready tho.

Last edited:
Lol yes The first mechanic wanted me to pump them up to 35 and see how they did and I said no-had a 20 mile ride home from there mostly on dirt And did not have a gauge to mess with lowering them if it was not handling well

I have not tried it but the bike is unbelievably sticky and never slips when Riding it off road and I don’t want to lose that, I will try a little higher tire pressure but it’s been fine and it handles well at that psi

Could swear I picked that tire pressure because the side of mine says 18 to 35 but I may be wrong, I will look tonight

I am sure that the grip will be fine at a higher pressure and it will be more precise, and roll better the Minions are extremely grippy so I doubt you will notice much difference.
There will be 2 different psi ranges on the tyre one will be the tubeless range 18 - 35, and the other will be for tubed and it will be 35 - 65.
Without going over scientific, on tubeless it is a lower pressure in a higher volume with the air pushing directly on the tyre.
With a tube the air is pushing on the tube which then pushes out the tyre in a lower volume space you actually need more pressure to get the same effect.
Try it at 35 and see how it feels then change it back if it sucks.

So I just checked and my tires only say 17-35
But the first mechanic at the shop said that number was only for tubeless
Second mechanic said that wasn’t true...
First time anyone had said that about any of my tires that the number was only for tubeless or not

I will try 35 and see how it goes.....

but not riding for about 10-12 days, will post back

I have a stand that is similar to the one byunbee linked to (bought mine from Costco).
To work on my 55+ pound Pedego RidgeRider I put a 50 pound bag of grass fertilizer over each of the two support arms that sit on the ground. If I don't it is very easy to tip the heavy bike over.
I did have the two ground support arms bolted to a 4 x 4 sheet of plywood, but I found the bike stand, which didn't fold up with the plywood attached, was always in the way. It sure was stable, though.

If I had an extra 2200 I would have one those and try to get proficient in doing some of my own bike stuff
But because the bikes are so heavy and you really need a lift to work on them I just take everything to the shop

aaand I would rather buy a 5th bike than spend that much on an ebike stand lol

I’ve gotten by with the “handlebar jacks” a forum member here was selling. They help clear displays etc when you flip it over.

I like those but I have so much stuff on my bars I don’t think it would clear my GPS mount, extra lights etc., I wonder if he could make some that were a little bit longer

Those really are awesome because you can take them with you

thanks for reminding me of those, I might just order a set and see how they do anyway

I like those but I have so much stuff on my bars I don’t think it would clear my GPS mount, extra lights etc., I wonder if he could make some that were a little bit longer

Those really are awesome because you can take them with you

thanks for reminding me of those, I might just order a set and see how they do anyway
I finally got a pair a couple of weeks ago. Haven't used them yet, and really, I hope I never need to, but they fit nicely in my trunk bag with a ton of other stuff and I'll be very glad I spent a few bucks on them if (when) I do need them.

TT

I just ordered a set also

Speaking of stuff like this last time I checked Gaadi does not make a tube for fat tires or plus tires

Has anyone noticed if they’ve added that size, I would definitely carry one of those with me if they did

Made me look.... no, still no tubes for fat tires. I'd snap a couple up in an instant if I heard they were available. They sound great, especially for bikes with rear hub motors.

TT

Given the weight of these bikes, can anyone recommend a good stand for repairs? I do all my car repairs, so think I could handle the Superbike too. Just can't seem to find a stand that can accommodate 70+ lbs.
I’m happy with this ultralight stand from Feedback sports .. they say 85 lbs cap but I still strip down the bikes pre clamp up. Really good if you’re space conscious... https://www.feedbacksports.com/product/ultralight-repair-stand/

Looks like a real nice stand. If Inhadn’t already bought my Park Tool stand, I might seriously consider it.

Given the weight of these bikes, can anyone recommend a good stand for repairs? I do all my car repairs, so th
I’m happy with this ultralight stand from Feedback sports .. they say 85 lbs cap but I still strip down the bikes pre clamp up. Really good if you’re space conscious... https://www.feedbacksports.com/product/ultralight-repair-stand/
OK, just old school here. When I get a flat I look for the nearest bench or fence to lean the bike against, then 'get to it'. Had a blow out a week or so ago. 17 minutes later, back on the road.

Back