Got my All Terrain R750 this week.

Headcase650

Got my bike this week and am going to give a few quick thoughts. First off...I really like the bike, so that being said I did or do have a few issues. They should improve their packing. The bike shipped from china to California then to me. So I don't think there is any real quality control between manufacturer and customer. The cardboard box it was in was pretty smashed up with some holes in it and I noted that on the ticket I signed when taking delivery. They said I had 30 days to file a claim. It was dark out when I picked it up and I couldn't really tell if things were damaged until I started assembly. I was excited to get the thing after a long wait and a small delay in shipping. The tool kit was spread out in the bottom of the box and parts of it were missing but I have tools. It went together well just like in the video, checked wheels for true,they were good, no scratches on anything, that was good. Build quality, paint looked great. The only problem I had upon first ride was the derailleur was badly bent in toward the hub by about 20 degrees and I missed that on my initial inspection so first time riding it, shifting through the gears it threw off the chain when it got to 1st and left a nice ring scratched into the hub motor behind the largest sprocket. So That's kind of on me as they recommend having a professional shop put the bike together. This isn't my first bike so I decided to fix it myself. If you don't have a bike stand, and I don't, you can put a couple long M5 screws into the lower rear rack mounts and set the rear of the bike up on a pair of jack stands to get the back tire off the ground. I then bent the derailleur back as straight as I could get it and started the process of properly setting it back up so it wont throw the chain, shifts smoothly and works as it should. Took a black sharpy and covered up the nice shiny scratch I put in the hub motor. All better now. If you don't know how to check your derailleur there are plenty of videos on youtube explaining how to do it and I highly recommend doing it before riding. So that's it for the negatives. Lets talk about the positives. This thing is awesome. I was concerned about the 19" large frame size being to big for my 5'9" height 31" inseam. Its not. If you are any shorter I would go with the 18" medium. My only other E-Bike experience is with my brothers two Rad Rovers. Ill list the differences after comparing them side by side. The AT R750 has more guts and top end no doubt about it. It will hit 31mph in off road mode with me at 200lbs and I can climb a moderate incline at around 25mph. The RR is done at 24mph and slows to 17 or 18 on the same incline. The high gear on the AT R750 is 11 tooth to the RR's 14 and you can feel it when peddling. I kind of wish the AT R750 had a little larger chain ring. Hitting 31mph in assist your hustling. The AT R750 has hydraulic brakes compared to the RR's manual cable brakes. Riding them back to back its hard to tell if the hydros are better. If they are its not a huge difference, The both stop pretty quick. Handle bars on the AT R750 are about 3 1/2" wider than the RR. It gives you a little more leverage and control over the bike and room to add stuff if you like. I also like the slotted wheels on theAT R750 more, should knock off a little weight. The integrated larger battery on the AT R750 gives you more room if you want to use a small triangle bag in the frame. The front light on the AT R750 is brighter but the back light on the RR is better as far as visibility goes. So as far as powertrain, form and function the AT R750 wins and is a much better bike. Even my brother loves it, small issues aside. Now a few things on the RR that I wish were on the AT R750. The RR has Rivnuts for adding a bottle holder and front rack/basket. The AT R750 has zero so anything you want to add has to be strap/clamp on except for a rear rack. The RR has contoured leather wrapped grips and matching seat. They are nicer than the plain rubber ones on the AT R750. The chain stays on the Chain ring on the RR are metal as apposed to plastic on the AT R750. The RR has a USB port on the display, M2S wants $75 for an upgraded display that has a USB built in for the AT R750. So there you have my took it out of the box and initial review. It wasn't perfect but is it an awesome bike?......YES! As I get more time on it and add some optional equipment I'll post that up as well.....Adrian

Last edited:
Thanks Adrian for the great initial impressions!

Questions:
What do you mean by "integrated larger battery"? Aren't AT controllers mounted separately behind the seat tube? or did they change the design from what the have on the website?

The controller is mounted separately on the seat tube on both the M2S and The Rad. But the battery's are mounted differently, on the M2S There is much more room so you could mount some kind of bag into the frame.

I ordered some addmotor fenders for 35 bucks off Amazon. The front one I mounted on the front of the fork using the hardware that mounts the light. Works perfectly. The back one I drilled out the rivits on the mounting bracket, flipped it over and reattached it with some short M5 screws, a couple fender washers and nylon lock nuts. Bent the bracket from 90 degrees to about 150 give or take and mounted it with a stainless M5 socket head cap screw, washer and a lock washer. Turned out pretty good for less than $40.

Attachments

• IMG_20171229_201548100.jpg
    IMG_20171229_201548100.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 1,647
Looks good I just got my new one and also got fenders off of amazon went with M wave front and rear/ Had to modify a little but gret deal. Love Amazon. Will post pic when I finish equiping her,

Hi All,

What range is everyone getting?
  • mph
  • weight of rider and payload
  • air temp
  • tire psi
  • terrain (pavement or offroad)
  • level ground / incline / decline

I just traveled 50 miles on snow and slush on temps of below 12 on roads. Bike handled and did great. I did use 2 16.5 ah batteries. I am180 lbs and was carrying around 80 lbs of gear. Mostly level some Hill's, not sure about the tire psi.

Thanks!

What assist level did you use?

So, 25 miles is the expected range under similar riding conditions to yours.

Headcase, can you take a picture of your display?

In your prev post you said M2S sells an upgraded display with USB. So I'm wondering what the standard display looks like.

No prob was quite a bit colder on the trip back in the negatives with the wind chill 2nd batterie died with a bout 10 miles left to go. will definatly post pics tommorrower to tired to tonight sorry

Cool, pics look great! Thanks for sharing.

What are you hauling in the trailer? is this the 80 lbs of gear you are talking about?

No just got the trailer. It bwill be used for camping gear, groceries extra baterie pack etc, It basicily is my trunk. I also found it helps with stability of the bike when going threw slush and snow.

Back