Got a Como! Vado Frame: Small Diamond or Medium Step Through?

Jeffmc306

Anyone out there with a Vado small size diamond frame?
UPDATE: After some reflection about my situation I decided to reconsider the Como and found a 5.0 small frame at a shop about an hour away and found it a perfect combination of features and fit so to quote Roseanne Roseannadanna "NEVERMIND!"

I'm a "vertically challenged" 5' 6" guy with a 29" inseam. I bought a Vado 4.0 medium diamond frame and found the standover height to be a challenge. It felt pretty good when riding although I did get tingling in the hands after a ten mile ride. I considered adding a stem riser for the hands but the Specialized teardrop stem is unique; I'd hate to mess up the design and it doesn't address the standover issue. I considered a step through in Medium but that doesn't address the hand issue. NOTE: I did ride a Como and found it comfortable but didn't match my riding style/preference.

The good new is my LBS has a 30 day return policy and took the bike back. I took the opportunity to upgrade and ordered a Vado 5.0 with a Small diamond frame but they didn't have one in stock to test ride. I've always felt more comfortable on a "one-under" frame size even with my carbon road bike.

I'm curious if there's anyone else out there with a Vado diamond frame in small in a similar situation. My guess is a Medium might be better for resale down the road but won't let that sway my decision now. The other option would be a Medium step through and add a stem riser but there's that wonky teardrop stem issue again... I know @StefanMikes prefers the step through but I'm having a hard time going that route (man card issue) ;)
There's still time to change since the order just went in. Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_3998.jpeg
    IMG_3998.jpeg
    465.7 KB · Views: 372
Last edited:
Fit is very important, I think. The Como is a great bike. I did test ride it, it was very comfortable. My husband liked it best of the ones we tried.

Anyone out there with a Vado small size diamond frame?
UPDATE: After some reflection about my situation I decided to reconsider the Como and found a 5.0 small frame at a shop about an hour away and found it a perfect combination of features and fit so to quote Roseanne Roseannadanna "NEVERMIND!"

I'm a "vertically challenged" 5' 6" guy with a 29" inseam. I bought a Vado 4.0 medium diamond frame and found the standover height to be a challenge. It felt pretty good when riding although I did get tingling in the hands after a ten mile ride. I considered adding a stem riser for the hands but the Specialized teardrop stem is unique; I'd hate to mess up the design and it doesn't address the standover issue. I considered a step through in Medium but that doesn't address the hand issue. NOTE: I did ride a Como and found it comfortable but didn't match my riding style/preference.

The good new is my LBS has a 30 day return policy and took the bike back. I took the opportunity to upgrade and ordered a Vado 5.0 with a Small diamond frame but they didn't have one in stock to test ride. I've always felt more comfortable on a "one-under" frame size even with my carbon road bike.

I'm curious if there's anyone else out there with a Vado diamond frame in small in a similar situation. My guess is a Medium might be better for resale down the road but won't let that sway my decision now. The other option would be a Medium step through and add a stem riser but there's that wonky teardrop stem issue again... I know @StefanMikes prefers the step through but I'm having a hard time going that route (man card issue) ;)
There's still time to change since the order just went in. Thoughts?
🤩

Back