Goodbye 25klm/h limit

Daffyh

As i'm disabled i cant use my legs to anywhere near full capacity hence ebikes and escooters.
Have a R&M SC2 and i met my first fellow R&M rider last week (i was on a different bike at the time).
His was a Super Delite GT Rolhoff with Fox Air and GX upgrade.
Eventually he mentioned it was chipped and unlocked no issues using a vol 3.
Well I only live once so i got the Eplus dongle (even fudged the start up/programming sequence incorrectly), it didn't matter it just works.
Only issue is range estimate on Turbo is not correct, other assist levels compute out fine.
I have had it up to 48 klm/h just as a test run but now my Rolhoff gears above 10 will finally see some use.
I won't be speeding around all the time my body just can't deal with it but it's nice to know if i want to get somewhere a little bit quicker then I can do it with
the assistance helping out.

Last edited:
25km/h (15mph) is too slow.
I do agree. 32 km/h would be OK (I rarely ride faster than that).

There's a push to increase the speed limit.
I'm afraid it's not going to happen, not in Europe. Bosch E-Bike is doing what they can to discourage the users to tamper with the speed restrictor. Once they made a motor for the 25 km/h area, nobody can change it, even Bosch themselves. Specialized has joined that trend by releasing MasterMind TCD/TCU where the data are encrypted.

Endless debate till the cows come home, the idiot mechanic saying up to 70 klm/h you can do that on any bike.
Oh i still have my motorcycle licence so yeah they can get me on unregistered etc but unless radar speed checks are done on dedicated bike paths...no money in that...

Brisbane, Australia.
Mad scooter riders are not doing anyone any favors once the gumbyment wakes up they will find reasons to ban something again
Changing the law in Australia could be easier than doing that in Europe for sure.

Last time I checked, there are only a handful of motors which are capable of propelling a rider past 32mph regardless of terrain, gradient & rider weight.

As i'm disabled i cant use my legs to anywhere near full capacity hence ebikes and escooters.
Have a R&M SC2 and i met my first fellow R&M rider last week (i was on a different bike at the time).
His was a Super Delite GT Rolhoff with Fox Air and GX upgrade.
Eventually he mentioned it was chipped and unlocked no issues using a vol 3.
Well I only live once so i got the Eplus dongle (even fudged the start up/programming sequence incorrectly), it didn't matter it just works.
Only issue is range estimate on Turbo is not correct, other assist levels compute out fine.
I have had it up to 48 klm/h just as a test run but now my Rolhoff gears above 10 will finally see some use.
I won't be speeding around all the time my body just can't deal with it but it's nice to know if i want to get somewhere a little bit quicker then I can do it with
the assistance helping out.
Hi, I am the same as I am having issues with my legs , so I derestricted my bike myself with a volspeed. I normally would not go faster than 35 Km and its set to 45 km anyway.

Changing the law in Australia could be easier than doing that in Europe for sure.
In Sydney there are thousands of illegal, heavy throttle assisted bikes( fast food ) that are far faster than my active line plus motor without the restrictor on it. Police sometimes blitz them but most of the time they cop the fine and carry on.

Back