Gid'day from New Zealand

GrandPaBrogan

Hello eBike lovers! I come from a distant BMX and Mountain Biking background. I have just recently retired and thankfully rediscovered my love for cycling, which I’ve neglected over the last 10+ years due to a cocktail of various health problems, work commitments, and lost motivation.

Enter the eBike… which mercifully snuck-up on me rather gradually, giving me a new lease in life!

I’ve decided to join this forum (rather than the EMBT community) because I’m no longer fussed about high intensity riding and all that entails.

I just acquired a Giant Trance E+3Pro (2019 model) from an end-of-year sale. Here it is the very day it arrived last August and I’ve made a few changes to it since (as you do). Although my eBike falls under the Enduro MTB category, it also happens to be very capable bike for recreational and exploratory trail riding - which is what I got it for mainly.

Welcome aboard and back in the saddle!
I’m just starting the early stages of planning a Sept. 2020 trip to NZ and Australia... I may hit you up with questions! ;)

Hello eBike lovers! I come from a distant BMX and Mountain Biking background. I have just recently retired and thankfully rediscovered my love for cycling, which I’ve neglected over the last 10+ years due to a cocktail of various health problems, work commitments, and lost motivation.

Enter the eBike… which mercifully snuck-up on me rather gradually, giving me a new lease in life!

I’ve decided to join this forum (rather than the EMBT community) because I’m no longer fussed about high intensity riding and all that entails.

I just acquired a Giant Trance E+3Pro (2019 model) from an end-of-year sale. Here it is the very day it arrived last August and I’ve made a few changes to it since (as you do). Although my eBike falls under the Enduro MTB category, it also happens to be very capable bike for recreational and exploratory trail riding - which is what I got it for mainly.

View attachment 39378

Congrats to you and welcome back to cycling.
Nice looking ebike and with full suspension you’ll be able to ride anywhere.
Now the fun part; getting all the accessories.
Many great miles and smiles!

Welcome aboard and back in the saddle!
I’m just starting the early stages of planning a Sept. 2020 trip to NZ and Australia... I may hit you up with questions! ;)
Sure thing. Let me know what kind of e-riding you're into. I'm not as well versed with all the cycling paths and trails as other people I know, but I'll try my best.

I'm jealous. You're gearing up for summer as the rain continues to fall here in the PNW and probably will for next 7 or 8 months.
Welcome and nice bike!

Congrats to you and welcome back to cycling.
Nice looking ebike and with full suspension you’ll be able to ride anywhere.
Now the fun part; getting all the accessories.
Many great miles and smiles!
Thank you Marci Jo. Haha yes, accessory acquisition has well and truly started... in full force!

Although I'm downgrading the bike for recreational river trail rides with my wife (it's retired code for - lets go to a cafe), I still like to drop into a downhill chute every once in a while. I still have the muscle memory of years gone past, but I'm very aware that my health and reflexes are not what it used to be, so I'm extra careful. A nasty fall at my age is just gonna be horrid (I'm 61 with ailments).

Anyway, here's me on new bike day... taking the Trance out on a maiden run! Lots of smiles that day!
Haven't been downhilling since... but been to a few cafes tho! 😋

I'm jealous. You're gearing up for summer as the rain continues to fall here in the PNW and probably will for next 7 or 8 months.
Welcome and nice bike!
Thank you PDXzap.
Yes spring is finally here in NZ... we just got back from a ride, exploring some trails around the Blue and Green Lakes in Rotorua. First time this year we rode without thick jackets and ear warmers. It's been a really wet winter but summer is around the corner!

Thank you Marci Jo. Haha yes, accessory acquisition has well and truly started... in full force!

Although I'm downgrading the bike for recreational river trail rides with my wife (it's retired code for - lets go to a cafe), I still like to drop into a downhill chute every once in a while. I still have the muscle memory of years gone past, but I'm very aware that my health and reflexes are not what it used to be, so I'm extra careful. A nasty fall at my age is just gonna be horrid (I'm 61 with ailments).

Anyway, here's me on new bike day... taking the Trance out on a maiden run! Lots of smiles that day!
Haven't been downhilling since... but been to a few cafes tho! 😋

Whoo Hooo!!
What a blast.
Like be a little kid again!

Back