Giant Stance E+2 Problems

Waksl2

Hi All,

Just bought the Giant Stance E+2 after having been sold on the idea at my local bike shop. Several questioned where asked mainly would it good enough to go round my local forest trails and would the bike be fine going through puddles and mud & how to clean it? To which he answered yes & just don't jet wash the motor area. Living in the north west of England we get a lot of rain so you rarely ride the bike in complete dry conditions in winter. The bike as now done about 100 miles all in the wet which as resulted in the bike malfunctioning e.g. turns itself on and moves on it's accord! Ringing the shop they asked have you jet washed it? reply: no but I have been on 3 rides all in the wet, they said it's got wet & would need to dry out properly!?! Having had a closer look at the bike I can see connector blocks from the top of the motor guard which would easily get wet with in minutes of setting off on any wet ride! As anyone had similar issues with this? if so is there an easy fix or do I demand my money back because of the Not Fit For use clause?

Dear Waksl2,
Near same problem with my Stance E+2 (new one 500kms) : stopping all electric fonctions in road! Run again manually, stop himself not wanted....
The connector battery installed ON bicycle (not on battery), is too low (error from GIANT manufacture).
So my shop exchange it from a kit deliver by GIANT named " 2120MWASHER-520V BATTERY SPACER".
Since I have this kit, NO PROBLEM, ALL IS GOOD!
I hope soluce will help you...
Best regards.

Back