Giant Road E+ Road

Paulj1

Pick bike up last week, love it..... on second ride getting really bad chain suck on small chain ring, and of course with the motor there everything gets jammed up and goes to shite.

Could be that it’s new and got the thick gunk on it from new and needs a good lube.

Shop is going to swap out the chainrings, hopefully that sorts that.

Trouble is the FSA ISIS setup limits options with regards to alternatives.

Anyone else experiencing this ? Anyone changed the standard crankset to another setup ?

I replaced the stock 2x set on my full e pro with a race face 34 tooth single sprocket , you're not limitted to fsa

possibly and likely your limit screws weren't set properly. the thick gunk is actually a good and durable wax on the chain. i didn't experience any of the issues you described.

Is a wax based chain lube the best way to go on these Giant ebikes?
I use white lightning dry lube (wax based) which works well for me, i got just over 1,800 miles on my last chain which I was happy with! I'm close to 1,000 miles on my new chain and its
only showing 25% wear!

Pick bike up last week, love it..... on second ride getting really bad chain suck on small chain ring, and of course with the motor there everything gets jammed up and goes to shite.

Could be that it’s new and got the thick gunk on it from new and needs a good lube.

Shop is going to swap out the chainrings, hopefully that sorts that.

Trouble is the FSA ISIS setup limits options with regards to alternatives.

Anyone else experiencing this ? Anyone changed the standard crankset to another setup ?

Hi Paul. I have a 46t chain ring that was giving me problems - chain jumping off derailleur in low gear and occasionally jumping off the chain ring. I have installed a Lekkie "Bling Ring" and this appears to have solved my problems.

Attachments

• 20181213_174111.jpg
    20181213_174111.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 437
Back