Giant Explore pedal alternatives

LeftyS7

Has anyone changed their pedals? The stock ones seem very narrow. Platform pedals? What kind of pedals and what brand have people used?

Check out these posts:

Hope this helps.

Has anyone changed their pedals? The stock ones seem very narrow. Platform pedals? What kind of pedals and what brand have people used?
I didn't like the stock pedals on my 2019 Explore E+1 GTS at all. And on my other bikes I had clipless pedals (the kind where you need a special fitting on your shoe) but those were road bikes which I used for longer distance riding and not stop-and-go commuting. I didn't think I wanted those on my e-bike. And I certainly didn't want to have to wear special shoes either.

I ended up getting these pedals from MEC and I love them! Nice large platform, non-slip, and safe (because the foot isn't locked in). I have over 1,000 km on them so far and like them so much that I added those to my mountain bike and clunker winter bike (neither of which is electric).

Cheers!

For a good cheap date try Shadow.
I got a free set from my dealer to deliver my Trance since they don't come with pedals. But I got a pair of CrankBrothers Stamp 1 for the mtb, so the Shadows went on the Explore. They're perfect. Much nicer than 'cage' pedals.

Shadow_Surface_Plastic_Pedals_Black_large.jpg

Back