Giant EVO Display

webby

Hi new to e-bikes so this may be a stupid question.
The EVO display on my Explore E+01 has a usb charger, but I don't see any battery power gage to inform you when to charge the EVO?
The only power gage for battery is the main battery on the bike.
How often should you charge the EVO display and when do you know your display needs charging before it loses power?

Hi new to e-bikes so this may be a stupid question.
The EVO display on my Explore E+01 has a usb charger, but I don't see any battery power gage to inform you when to charge the EVO?
The only power gage for battery is the main battery on the bike.
How often should you charge the EVO display and when do you know your display needs charging before it loses power?
NO! !!!!

That USB charging port is NOT for charging the EVO... it's for powering an external accessory. I use mine to power my iPhone. The EVO has no battery backup (so doesn't need charging) and takes its power from the bike's battery.

I keep my iPhone on a mount on the handlebars and always have Google Maps running. If I don't plug it into the power outlet on the EVO the iPhone battery is used up pretty quickly and with it plugged in, the power level doesn't go down. With the phone on, there's not enough power to actually charge the phone but if the phone is off, it does charge. With Google Maps running and the phone plugged in, at least it doesn't loose power.

USB outlet is 5v 0.5 amps (see below extract)
Did you not get a manual with your bike so that you can familiarise yourself
with the bike and features, especially the charging.
If you need the manual let me know.

1580227786082.png

Back