Giant E+ Pro Loose Battery?

KuRi

Hi!

I have a new Giant Fathom E+2 Pro 2019, the one where the battery can be removed from the bottom. I have noticed that once I put the battery on the frame, it is not 100% fixed and secure, it has some play if you push it upwards. I can see a small gap between the battery and the frame (specially on the right side) and I can see the rubber.

Is this normal? Does it happen to you?

Thanks!

I think you can loosen the two Torx screws behind the headtube and move the locking mechanism closer to make it more secure.

That's exactly what I did and it worked perfectly. Sorry I did not posted it before! Thanks!

I seem to have the same problem. I'm not sure which screws you mean. Is it the 2 security screws that hold that rubber bumper thing on the top underneath part of the down tube or something inside the downtube. On mine I imagine it needs moving further back into the downtube. If so will that not be hindered by the lock position?

Hi! Yes, the two screws that you can access even without removing the battery. Just unscrew a little, move down the black piece a little and screw again. 30 seconds and it will be fixed.

Please let me know if you need further assistance ;)

Hi! Yes, the two screws that you can access even without removing the battery. Just unscrew a little, move down the black piece a little and screw again. 30 seconds and it will be fixed.

Please let me know if you need further assistance ;)

Attachments

• IMG_20191029_150502_5.jpg
    IMG_20191029_150502_5.jpg
    434.7 KB · Views: 914
Yes they are. They just keep the locking mechanism in place. Even if you remove them completely (I did) the mechanism will not fall down because it is still locked by the key in lock, so no worries about that. Just be careful to put a hand on the battery so it does not fall down when adjusting it. I had no idea about the mechanism and I fixed my problem in a couple of minutes. Then I visited the LBS and he told me: "hey, that is just what we do on most of giant bikes, they usually come with this problem, good job" :)

Good Luck!

Yes they are. They just keep the locking mechanism in place. Even if you remove them completely (I did) the mechanism will not fall down because it is still locked by the key in lock, so no worries about that. Just be careful to put a hand on the battery so it does not fall down when adjusting it. I had no idea about the mechanism and I fixed my problem in a couple of minutes. Then I visited the LBS and he told me: "hey, that is just what we do on most of giant bikes, they usually come with this problem, good job" :)

Good Luck!

Sorry I did not mention that my main problem was that the battery was falling down when unlocking it with the key, without having to press the release button on the battery itself. This was the main issue I solved by reattaching the screws. The problem of the battery showing some gap between the bike and the battery was not 100% solved, and it still gets some water inside when washing the bike. However the battery has no movement once I moved the screws.

That's really helpful! My wife has a Liv with the same battery and it would explain why her battery falls straight thru the safety catch when put on my bike. It's not good if that's a common fault but love the bike apart from that. My first ebike, what a revelation!

I think the water ingress could also be thru the cable entry point into the downtube. I wonder if some sealant would be a good idea there. The cables will naturally channel water down into that entry point. It seems all ebikes are poorly sealed just there.

Back