Giant e bike app- any experience with it?

Got the App and it does connect via Bluetooth to my Entour E+ 1 2019. Thanks for the help. No idea about a heart rate monitor yet. Still have to explore the app.

It connects to my 2018 and can adjust the power settings but I get an error when I try to update the bikes software to the newer version. No big deal, I'm just happy to have been able to reduce assist levels - I've gone for boost at 75/125/200/300/360 so there is a more linear progression through the boost levels and I can hopefully get a bit more of a leg workout in ecomode. I feels nice on the short test ride I got in today - eco feels like riding a hardtail mtb , " normal" at 150% boost feels like a sweet spot for lazy days.

The App is quite rudimentary at the moment but looks like it will be useful. At the moment I am not really interested with changing assistance levels (Auto mode works fine for me for now) but I am interested on the ride details that are recorded. However, I can't change from metric to imperial units. Am I missing something here?

The App is quite rudimentary at the moment but looks like it will be useful. At the moment I am not really interested with changing assistance levels (Auto mode works fine for me for now) but I am interested on the ride details that are recorded. However, I can't change from metric to imperial units. Am I missing something here?

Nope, you're not missing a thing Vic.

***EDIT*** took the picture out as I didn't notice it had my address in it. Lol!

In any case, no it's not available yet, but will be in an update.

Last edited:
My Quick E+ only has three assist modes (eco, normal, power). Is there any way to update it to have the five assist modes?

My Quick E+ only has three assist modes (eco, normal, power). Is there any way to update it to have the five assist modes?
What year is it? I think the 2018s came out with 3 and were changed to 5 mid year. If you have the app does it connect? If so, can you upgrade?

What year is it? I think the 2018s came out with 3 and were changed to 5 mid year. If you have the app does it connect? If so, can you upgrade?

Its an early 2018. It will connect via bluetooth to the Ride Control app and tells me that it needs to be updated, but the update fails every time. I'm in Austin and the local Giant dealers don't do anything with e-bikes so that can't help.

Its an early 2018. It will connect via bluetooth to the Ride Control app and tells me that it needs to be updated, but the update fails every time. I'm in Austin and the local Giant dealers don't do anything with e-bikes so that can't help.

If you work out a solution, I'd love to know. I can vary the power amongst the different settings but can't seem to upload new software - error code to contact the dealer. It'll be a few weeks before I get a chance to visit the dealer

Yeah, thats one of the local dealers, they have a location in Austin. They do not offer any e-bike service. They don't even have the dealer diagnostics tools.
One wonders why they'd have the advertisement for the new ebikes on their site?
Perhaps a call to Giant would help?

A word of caution guys, I tried the app on my 2018 Giant Road-E+1 Pro and as it was installing the updates my display went blank! It doesn't power up now :(I contacted my LBS who had a word with Giant UK and they say that because the update didn't complete it would need a hard reset at the Giant factory in Nottingham which would mean boxing the bike and shipping it over 300 miles! Thankfully Giant have been very helpful and are sending a new display to my LBS and they reckon that should fix it. I will post an update when its fixed which should be next week all going well.

A word of caution guys, I tried the app on my 2018 Giant Road-E+1 Pro and as it was installing the updates my display went blank! It doesn't power up now :(I contacted my LBS who had a word with Giant UK and they say that because the update didn't complete it would need a hard reset at the Giant factory in Nottingham which would mean boxing the bike and shipping it over 300 miles! Thankfully Giant have been very helpful and are sending a new display to my LBS and they reckon that should fix it. I will post an update when its fixed which should be next week all going well.
I believe that the app has been pulled from Gplay, and this certainly explains why.
Sorry to hear of your trouble, and I hope you get fixed up quickly.
Does the bike work properly without the display?

I believe that the app has been pulled from Gplay, and this certainly explains why.
Sorry to hear of your trouble, and I hope you get fixed up quickly.
Does the bike work properly without the display?
Hi Dave, unfortunately the bike has no power at all so its just effectively a heavy road bike for now! I'm sure all will be good after the fix, I will be leaving apps well alone now...

Hi Dave, unfortunately the bike has no power at all so its just effectively a heavy road bike for now! I'm sure all will be good after the fix, I will be leaving apps well alone now...
Oh dear... I suspect that a new display might do nothing to fix the problem.
Reason being is that it is my belief that there is a controller for the bike that has the firmware, which is separate from the display and buttons. I could very well be wrong about this and am happy to be corrected/educated.
If I'm right (and I hope I am for your sake) then the new display will be dark as well. The only other thing I can think of is that maybe the display is able to update the firmware on the controller?

Question for any/all Giant owners with a display.
Does the bike run with assist while the display is removed?

Oh dear... I suspect that a new display might do nothing to fix the problem.
Reason being is that it is my belief that there is a controller for the bike that has the firmware, which is separate from the display and buttons. I could very well be wrong about this and am happy to be corrected/educated.
If I'm right (and I hope I am for your sake) then the new display will be dark as well. The only other thing I can think of is that maybe the display is able to update the firmware on the controller?

Question for any/all Giant owners with a display.
Does the bike run with assist while the display is removed?
Giant seem pretty confident the new display will fix the problem, this is a quote from the email I received.

"If the update process is interrupted it should be a case of just do it again and all should work, however in some cases at critical points if update is interrupted you can no longer connect (as you are experiencing), this being the case the only way to resolve is to link the unit to a computer at the factory to reprogram.
So as this would take too much time the quickest and easiest way is to get a new dash on to your bike and get you back up and running."

The display incorporates the power switch so I guess the assist would be unusable if the display is dead.

Back