Giant drop Yamaha for Shimano

iskjone

Is it true that the new Syncdrive Pro will be based on Shimano EP8. That's probably a good idea.

Giant doesn’t seem to know themselves. The current webpage for the Revolt e+ refers to both at the same time. Interesting marketing.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210822-161033_Brave.jpg
    Screenshot_20210822-161033_Brave.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 248
Motor provider seems to depend on the region. US has e-bikes with the Yamaha motor for 2021.

@Saratoga Dave I guess you are buying into 'SyncDrive Pro', and not Yamaha, Shimano etc.? Yamaha has pretty good recognition in motorsports though, so I don't fully get it.

That “Sync Drive Pro” is just the usual marketing baloney. Here’s two screenshots of the same page which is what you get in the US when you select the Revolt e+. Page is too long to get it all in one shot. The next to last line in the first shot, near the top of the page, says Yamaha… further down the page it’s Shimano. Very magical! The top of the page clearly also refers to 28 mph support, and in another thread on this, someone pointed out that the Shimano motor is limited at 20. So who knows what’s going on? I’d love to get one of those Yamaha ones at 28 mph.

E2F0D1B4-737A-4ABE-9FC7-C1A582DAFAD1.png51509168-8742-4FC9-A04A-57FF6CE23EAB.png

My wife has a 2021 Revolt E+ Pro and I am 99% certain it's a Yamaha. I'll have to double check, but I think it's actually stamped on the motor itself.

Back