Giant charger availability

Greatrex

Region
United Kingdom
I am trying to buy and extra charger so that I can have one at work. The 21 model Giants use a 5 pin d-shaped connector and I can't seem to find this type of charger anywhere. LBS directs me to the Gaint website which shows pictures of chargers but no way to buy them. Online retailers seem to have the older generation circular 3 and 5 pin types. The one I am looking for is either the Smart charger or fast charger with a plug like this
Giant charger.jpg

Thanks for the link but they didn't list the right charger and they don't seem to answer their phone. After a bit more fruitless phoning around I found that it has to be a Giant branded store to actually get soemone who knew how to order stuff, even then I had to supply proof of purchase (probably a good thing but I was starting to loose the will to live). Now there is one on its way to the shop and then hopefully to me. Whilst I like my e bike, it hurts that a second charger has just cost me more than most of the bikes I have ever bought.

Just more of Name Brands holding customers hostage with unnecessary proprietary hardware. The fact that you had to show proof of purchase is more than enough to keep me from ever buying one of their products.

Just wait till you try to buy an extra battery pack...cost nearly as much as mom and dad's first house. 🤣

Yes I did see that, I was doing the man maths on whether it was better value to buy a 625Wh battery and only charge at home but it wouldn't be enough in winter and there doesnt seem to be a market in used batteries to get rid of the 500Wh. If the Energypak plus bottle bracket battery fitted a Stance I would have been tempted but I think the charge port it in the wrong place to allow it to plug, its not listed as compatible.

Yes I did see that, I was doing the man maths on whether it was better value to buy a 625Wh battery and only charge at home but it wouldn't be enough in winter and there doesnt seem to be a market in used batteries to get rid of the 500Wh. If the Energypak plus bottle bracket battery fitted a Stance I would have been tempted but I think the charge port it in the wrong place to allow it to plug, its not listed as compatible.
Google found one on this site and in stock.

36371D7E-C3FE-447B-8FA0-DC7409D33792.jpeg

Just more of Name Brands holding customers hostage with unnecessary proprietary hardware. The fact that you had to show proof of purchase is more than enough to keep me from ever buying one of their products.
I believe that is the store trying to make sure that the reason for purchase was not that the bike was stolen (without the charger). All the same I do not really see how the tech in the proprietary Giant charger really warrants the purchase price. I decided to manage without the spare one at work, which would have cost just about seven times the price of my old NCM spare charger.

Last edited:
I am trying to buy and extra charger so that I can have one at work. The 21 model Giants use a 5 pin d-shaped connector and I can't seem to find this type of charger anywhere. LBS directs me to the Gaint website which shows pictures of chargers but no way to buy them. Online retailers seem to have the older generation circular 3 and 5 pin types. The one I am looking for is either the Smart charger or fast charger with a plug like this
View attachment 97793
Give these guys a try, I bought my spare battery from them and the service was excellent! I'm not sure if this is the charger you are looking for?

This is a nightmare! I cannot locate a charger for my Giant LaFree e + 1, 2019 model!

Battery charger Giant 36 /Volt 4 Ah 3 pole​

I've gone to several sites but cannot find a 3 pin with a US plug. I would not have bought this bike had I know how difficult it would be to find parts. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Back