Gen3 Ebikes....Gone!

DrJay

Saw this today on the Gen3 support site: https://support.gen3ride.com/kb/sec...9.1300094603.1667214587-1246026594.1667214587
Just a reminder that the electric bike marketplace can be volatile. I purchased two Stride bikes earlier this year. I had support issues that were eventually resolved but I guess they just couldn't hang on. I had concerns given the low price of the bike when I purchased them but the bike has been well reviewed. The lesson I learned: buy from an established brand.

Saw this today on the Gen3 support site: https://support.gen3ride.com/kb/sec...9.1300094603.1667214587-1246026594.1667214587
Just a reminder that the electric bike marketplace can be volatile. I purchased two Stride bikes earlier this year. I had support issues that were eventually resolved but I guess they just couldn't hang on. I had concerns given the low price of the bike when I purchased them but the bike has been well reviewed. The lesson I learned: buy from an established brand.

You take your chances I guess. I went with Yamaha because of quality, warranty and because they are a very long established company, (and because it was what I was looking for at a reasonable price). A bargain isn’t always a bargain.

You got a good price you say.

The bikes are lower priced but not cheap.
Out $1,700 depending on the model.
Sucks to wonder if your bike will last if you paid that much.
Enjoy your bikes. s*it happens.

Fortunately, most components on ebikes can be replaced or substitutes found, the battery excepted. Even then, there is a good chance you can have it refurbished when the time comes.

I wasn’t looking for sympathy! Just trying to contribute some information to the community. For whatever it might be worth.

Fortunately, most components on ebikes can be replaced or substitutes found, the battery excepted. Even then, there is a good chance you can have it refurbished when the time comes.
Exactly. The battery is the main issue. Not the motor or the Shimano components. But today most batteries can be rebuilt.

Back