Gear ratio on Bosch CX

Hoya, the front sprocket change went without a hitch. The rear sprocket turned out to be NOT the Nuvinci one, but a universal which does not quite fit--there is like a few millimeters difference that makes it incompatible (that is the spline that @Trail Cruiser mentioned above) . Thats bad news about compatibility, not sure which model I have.

Hoya, the front sprocket change went without a hitch. The rear sprocket turned out to be NOT the Nuvinci one, but a universal which does not quite fit--there is like a few millimeters difference that makes it incompatible (that is the spline that @Trail Cruiser mentioned above) . Thats bad news about compatibility, not sure which model I have.

That's why I mentioned, you need to bring it to a machine shop to fit the inner spline. Shave just a little bit of it.

Hoya, the front sprocket change went without a hitch
What change did you do in the end on the front side? Does it give a noticable result? I'm currently on a 22 front to 24 back ratio and thinking of increasing the front to 26 teeth (would bring me from 0.92 to 1.08 gear ratio which is around the same 16-17%).

Hi soyiuz, sadly seeing your bike for sale, while understand and am sure whomever hold of it? they won't be disappoint with tinker, as I owned one. Going back to the point, wondering if you or forum members had manage to installed front 28T and 22T rear sprockets for Nuvinci 380? have you noticed any improvements and is it worthwhile to go head and change it from 26t front and 24t rear? same time if you go with 28T front sprocket, how's the clearance spaces between the belt and the frame on riese & muller tinker? your experiment and feedback much appreciate. thanks

The front was enough of a noticeable difference to me not to do the back. I was also getting conflicting information from Gates about compatibility on the rear. Since, the only major update has been the electric horn that fits the instrument panel perfectly (I think it was made for Bosch but never used). I wired it through the frame to a dedicated battery.

The front was enough of a noticeable difference to me not to do the back. I was also getting conflicting information from Gates about compatibility on the rear. Since, the only major update has been the electric horn that fits the instrument panel perfectly (I think it was made for Bosch but never used). I wired it through the frame to a dedicated battery.
Thanks soyiuz, I was in doubt that the front sprocket 28t wouldn't fit in very tight space, which you proved it will fit. for the rear sprocket i might take it out 24T sprocket and see if the new Nuvinci 22T will fit. it's in back order coming within 3 weeks. thanks again for clarifying.

Back