Fucare libra, just bought 2. any thoughts

twodogs

Region
USA
hi, just posted but i lost the post so trying again. just got a fucare libra for me and my wife. i like them except they are heavy. i am looking for a bike rack that will support them on a motorhome. anyone using one and like to share thoughts? i purchased one already rated for 200 lbs but end result was that the 200 lbs was for a car or a truck. was only good for 120 on a motor home so i sent it back. any ideas, let me know please

Hey there, I think the Fucare libra is pretty cool, I am in the market for ebikes the last 2 months or so for me and my wife and i was considering the fucare libra, seems well built, has good reviews, has the largest battery you can get in a full suspension 750W motor for 1300$ or less at 20AH. Most ebikes in this 750W category range from roughly 60-100 pounds. So 80 pounds is average for e-bikes and is heavy when compared to Non-Ebikes that weigh in at 40~ when heavy. Not sure how tall your wife is, but 750W motor ebikes for people under 5'4 is tough based on my research. If she can fit though, a good couple lighter options around the 56-65 pound and 1000-1300$ area might be the samebike polaris XD26, Eahora AM100 Plus or XC300, Edikani MX-03, and if you wanted a little bit more hill climbing power for yourself, I just ordered an R2depot 1500$ dual 1000W motors, full suspension 22.5AH, 26x4 on amazon (i decided the 1700$ 60AH 112Lbs aniioki AQ177 Pro wasnt suited for me based on not blending in much and looking like an e-scooter, being rather heavy for my first ebike, and needing more power to get up hills, so i canceled my preorder) The bike's actual model is SMLRO V3 Plus dual-motor. That is the best deal on amazon currently it seems after thorough research.

I have a lectric e-bike it doesn't have shock absorbers in the back. But the front forks have adjustable ride which is nice. They all operate pretty much the same but it is a good idea to read the manual especially about turning on off the display and adjusting it with the toggle switch. other hand for the derailer gear shift and throttle are basically the same on all . If you get the front rack and the baskets you're going to need some tools or a very good bike mechanic. Great Content Carla, keep up the good work.!! Started watching your channel when you were mainly knives on girls with guns.

Tutuapp 9Apps Showbox

Last edited:
I bought a Fucare Gemini last Spring and just love it. Had no Idea riding a eBike could be that much Fun. Had a Flat Rear Tire within first 2 weeks but was close enough to Home so it was not a big problem. This Spring, after 2000 KM+ the Hub Motor started making a noise., I contacted Fucare and they went out of there way with phenomenal Customer service, could have been no better. Good conversation material with Neighbors & Friends in this Bike riding Capital of British Columbia with a extensive Bike Path network.

I have a lectric e-bike it doesn't have shock absorbers in the back. But the front forks have adjustable ride which is nice. They all operate pretty much the same but it is a good idea to read the manual especially about turning on off the display and adjusting it with the toggle switch. other hand for the derailer gear shift and throttle are basically the same on all . If you get the front rack and the baskets you're going to need some tools or a very good bike mechanic. Great Content Carla, keep up the good work.!! Started watching your channel when you were mainly knives on girls with guns.

Tutuapp 9Apps Showbox
Mine does not have shock absorbers for the rear Wheel either so This spring I purchased a shock absorbing Seat Post, what a positive difference.

Cheers

Welcome to the Forum.

I recently purchased the Fucare Libra for my wife. We have several ebikes already, cycle and motorcycle ride and I am a retired mechanic for perspective on my review of the product.

My wife absolutely loves it and she feels far more in control and confident on it than her higher quality Specialized mountain bike with a Tongshen mid drive.

Quality is much higher than I expected and the recently upgraded hydraulic disc brakes and other specs tilted me towards this bike. We bought the front and rear racks too but will wait to install them until my wife becomes more accustomed to the weight without them. I was not a fan of the rear seat like thing or the 3 rail seat support that some reviewers claimed that they occasionally hit their heals upon while faster pedaling, neither my wife or I have noticed this. The rider seat was replaced with a more comfortable model off of my wife's old e bike but the stock seat was not that bad. The suspension is fairly crude but I expected such and had already figured on upgrading it for dirt road and trail riding. Oil dampened rear shocks with more travel and at least 160mm of oil dampening fork would make a really big improvement on dirt roads and trails.

The motor and controller on this bike makes it far more power than the 750w Rad Bike that we have, with easily 2 times the torque. We live in a mountainous area and every ride involves fairly steep climbs. I have ridden the bike up a local BLM road that is a climb for an ebike and was quite surprised at the speed the machine was able to muster up the long grades. The throttle limiting and Pas modes are a bit odd to me and I will look into changes to a bit of the programming. I would prefer the throttle to give pass 5 boost in any Pass mode but 0 to aid in take off on hills and intersection crossings. Pass 1-5 will not allow pedal assistance until at least 2 or more complete revolutions occur. The throttle also lacks much progression to regulate speed. ` Top speed is limited to 28 mph by programming which you can feel the strong motor push abruptly stopping. The bike has an impressive ride stability all the way to nearly 40 mph on the downhills. (It will need heavier tires for this kind of speed as with any fat tire 20" ebike, but my wife will never push it nearly this hard)

I plan on making a rail carrier that will hook up to the vehicles hitch receiver and allow us to mount our bikes vertically on the carrier.

IMG_0135.JPG
IMG_0270.JPG
IMG_0271.JPG
IMG_0273.JPG

The throttle limiting and Pas modes are a bit odd to me and I will look into changes to a bit of the programming. I would prefer the throttle to give pass 5 boost in any Pass mode but 0 to aid in take off on hills and intersection crossings. Pass 1-5 will not allow pedal assistance until at least 2 or more complete revolutions occur.
I bought a production ebike that was lame like that on the PAS. And no throttle! Replaced the controller and it fixed both those problems.
That ebike was being liquidated mostly because of the stupid and lame installed electronics. She's a great bike now, though having Huffy painted on the frame means no one else thinks so.

Back