Front wheel noise. Caused by stupidity.

tlippy

Removed the front wheel to mount my 700 on a Harbor Freight motorcycle trailer for transport to Yuma. Reassembled for my first Yuma ride and the dreaded front wheel brake noise reappeared. I thought I had sufficiently tightened the quick disconnect. It was tight enuf to keep the wheel in place but not tight enuf to keep the brake rotor centered. Moral: the quick disconnect requires more than the pressure of a thumb to properly tighten. It requires all the pressure the palm can produce. There's not much space between the rotor and pads. Just a thought.

I'd call that learning new stuff, not stupidity. If it happens again, well .....Enjoy Yuma!

Learning to maintain an ebike is a work in progress. Those who have ridden regular bikes for years have an edge, but
are still in store for surprises. Making a careful pre-flight inspection for every ride will eliminate a lot of those surprises,
but probably not all. It´s an industry still in it´s infancy, & we are pioneers.🥴

I'd add give the wheel a quick look and wiggle before tightening to make sure it is fully seated... that's the more common Homer move 🙃

Back