Front Fender

Rob02150

Has anyone had any luck getting their front fender to not rub on their CCS? I can't for the life of me figure it out. It seems to rub on the right side all the time, either the arm rubs the wheel or the screw that attaches the arm to the fender touches. The left side always has a good amount of space between the tire and the screw/arm.

Most of this seems to be due the wheel being dished in order to accommodate for the rotor, but I can be wrong.

The only way I can get it to have a decent amount of space on the right side is if I position the arm connected to the right side of the fender at different height than the one on the left. But it looks bad. Any tips?

Question. First, does the tire center under the fork crown? And if so, is the fender bill centered over the tire?

The two wire stays can be bent as needed, preferably at the eyelet; the stay clips can be removed, snapping them from the fender edge after removing or backing out the small, recessed Phillips head screw. Freeing the stays at the clip-end enables easy and quantifiable bends of the stay wire, outward or inward, to provide the needed bias to swing the trailing portion of the fender to the left or right.

Not that I did that with my bike; recentering of the front fender was not needed.

Last edited:
The only way I can get it to have a decent amount of space on the right side is if I position the arm connected to the right side of the fender at different height than the one on the left. But it looks bad...

I removed mine for this very reason. I had to position the right arm at a different height, and even then it wouldn't hold the position for very long. I was on the fence about having the front fender on anyways, so I personally didn't mind taking it off...

Question. First, does the tire center under the fork crown? And if so, is the fender bill centered over the tire?

The two wire stays can be bent as needed, preferably at the eyelet; the stay clips can be removed, snapping them from the fender edge after removing or backing out the small, recessed Phillips head screw. Freeing the stays at the clip-end enables easy and quantifiable bends of the stay wire, outward or inward, to provide the needed bias to swing the trailing portion of the fender to the left or right.

Not that I did that with my bike; recentering of the front fender was not needed.
Bending the arm did the trick. No idea how I went that long without thinking of doing that. Thanks Reid!

Back