Frey Ebikes need your expertise

Kimruger

I came Accross the Frey bikes. I think you can custom order them. Are these bikes reliable have you reviewed any? I’m having a hard time finding a bike that is 750 watts minimum, gates carbon belt drive, throttle, mid drive, hydraulic brakes and Bafang motor. If you know of a bike I would love to check it out. Thank you, kim

Frey does not custom build bikes, but from what I gather they will change components to your your liking. That said, a Gates belt is a different animal, so-to-speak. It requires a frame that has a "splitter" to allow the belt to be installed (or removed.) Frey frames are not designed with a splitter.

@Kimruger
"750 watts minimum, gates carbon belt drive, throttle, mid drive, hydraulic brakes and Bafang motor."

Watt Wagons- they have their own forum here on EBR check it out

I have a Frey CC. Very nice bike for the money, but Frey does not yet offer IGH or belt drive. If you want that, Watt Wagons is your answer. Most important you get the aftermarket controller from Watt Wagons. This is very important as the Ultra motor is not very efficient and somewhat unrefined relative to euro-spec mid drive motors. The aftermarket controller upgrades the Ultra to world class territory.

While I love my Frey I will say their support isn't as good as it was. Frey started out as a smaller company but I don't think they have added adequate support staff as they have grown. They really need to hire a dedicated support team. For example, my throttle stopped working. They told me to contact Bafang for warranty. Bafang sent me a new wiring harness and throttle, but I will reed to reroute the internal wiring. I asked Frey for assistance how to wire internally. I also asked them about warranty and whether they would cover labor in a repair such as this. No response, and they ignored my follow up email. I find that unacceptable. I eventually figured it out myself, but I think this would be extremely frustrating for a lot of folks.

I checked out the bike . Person needs to be 5’ 10” I’m a lot shorter but thank you.

Watt Wagon Step through, ticks all your boxes

15621596159236_-pic_hd-jpg.60731

Back