Frame Wrap - Frame Protection

Aushiker

Region
Australia
City
Walyalup, Western Australia
With the trigger being pulled on a Riese & Muller Supercharger GT Rohloff, my thoughts have turned to frame protection, more so given the need to reach deep into one’s pocket.

I have gone with helicopter tape in the past, but I would like a more ‘professional’ look with this bike.

Hence, I am interested in what products you use to protect your frame. My initial search has come up with Ride Wrap, which appears to get good reviews, and Dyedbro, who do an ‘artwork’ wrap. I quite like this idea as it will help break up the colour.

My Himiway Cobra Pro has a carbon fiber looking wrap. I was worried about trying to repair nicks and scrapes single track riding or damage from chain slap hitting the frame. I used pre-cut Paint Protection Film (PPF) Enlee bike frame protection stickers, ($18, Amazon). You can place the pre-cut film on high impact area like forks, underside of frame, chain area, top down tube, etc... I was fine with pre-cut protection. Not sure if that would work for you or you want to completely cover exposed wrap for protection?

Himiway PPF downtube.jpg

Himiway PPF chain II.jpg

My Himiway Cobra Pro has a carbon fiber looking wrap. I was worried about trying to repair nicks and scrapes single track riding or damage from chain slap hitting the frame. I used pre-cut Paint Protection Film (PPF) Enlee bike frame protection stickers, ($18, Amazon). You can place the pre-cut film on high impact area like forks, underside of frame, chain area, top down tube, etc... I was fine with pre-cut protection.

That would work for me ... I am less interested in full wrap versus quality protection material. Off to have a look at Amazon.

Back