For Women to Read: Saddle for pelvic floor prolapse.....

Ridin222

Hi ladies,

I have 3rd degree pelvic floor prolapse from giving birth to 5 children. I own a Ride1Up 700 ST ebike with a Selle Royal Freeway saddle (stock). When I ride, my bottom and tail bone and everything else in that area aches, burns and feels like my bones and muscles are being tortured. I had a bike shop bring up my handlebars and angle my saddle to relieve some of the pain and it seemed to help a little, but the pain still exists after only a few moments of riding, even as soon as I sit down on the saddle sometimes. My sit bones measure 165 (if the adding 20 rule applies, then they measure 185). So my question is- have any of you ladies who may possibly also suffer with prolapse found a saddle that actually works; is comfy, doesn't cause pressure or pain or numbness? If so, please share your findings here. I am eligible to have the prolapse fixed (big surgery, 6 week recovery), but doc wants my heart issue (SVT) dealt with first and maybe a little weight loss as well, hence the exercise/ebike. But I need to be able to ride comfortably. I am 43yo, 225lbs.

Best. =)

Howdy! I don't have a lot to add, but you gave excellent information and I hope someone is able to chime in and help you out! Sounds like your shop has done their best with the handlebar angle and saddle. Have you considered a suspension seat post? Maybe a steeper stem and mid-rise handlebars could position you more upright (but then more weight will be on your saddle vs. leaning forward a bit and supporting with arms/shoulders. Good luck!

Hi ladies,

I have 3rd degree pelvic floor prolapse from giving birth to 5 children. I own a Ride1Up 700 ST ebike with a Selle Royal Freeway saddle (stock). When I ride, my bottom and tail bone and everything else in that area aches, burns and feels like my bones and muscles are being tortured. I had a bike shop bring up my handlebars and angle my saddle to relieve some of the pain and it seemed to help a little, but the pain still exists after only a few moments of riding, even as soon as I sit down on the saddle sometimes. My sit bones measure 165 (if the adding 20 rule applies, then they measure 185). So my question is- have any of you ladies who may possibly also suffer with prolapse found a saddle that actually works; is comfy, doesn't cause pressure or pain or numbness? If so, please share your findings here. I am eligible to have the prolapse fixed (big surgery, 6 week recovery), but doc wants my heart issue (SVT) dealt with first and maybe a little weight loss as well, hence the exercise/ebike. But I need to be able to ride comfortably. I am 43yo, 225lbs.

Best. =)
I can't offer a suggestion for a saddle. Given the specific needs you might consider a professional bike fitter. They can take all the necessary measurements, offer specific suggestions on saddles and adjust the bike as needed. Maybe ask for a woman pro. If it gets you riding the way you want and pain free, it would be worth the cost. Good luck!

Hi ladies,

Best. =)
I have searched and searched for a comfortable saddle. I have two prosthetic hips and arthritis in my low back. Every single supposed comfort saddle I have tried has been an epic fail. I rode 200 miles a couple weeks ago -- over 5 days....lots of riding on a Selle comfort saddle. My low back would get so sore by the end of the ride. Today I installed a YLG saddle I got from Amazon. It has a short horn, and it's shaped to kind of cradle your buns. I was skeptical until I gave it a test ride. OMG....life changing. Might be worth a try. You can always take it to a Kohls to return it if you don't like it. I LOVE IT. I bought the plain outdoor bike seat for $39.99: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QHTZHXD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-29 at 8.00.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-29 at 8.00.14 PM.png
    365 KB · Views: 310
I have searched and searched for a comfortable saddle. I have two prosthetic hips and arthritis in my low back. Every single supposed comfort saddle I have tried has been an epic fail. I rode 200 miles a couple weeks ago -- over 5 days....lots of riding on a Selle comfort saddle. My low back would get so sore by the end of the ride. Today I installed a YLG saddle I got from Amazon. It has a short horn, and it's shaped to kind of cradle your buns. I was skeptical until I gave it a test ride. OMG....life changing. Might be worth a try. You can always take it to a Kohls to return it if you don't like it. I LOVE IT. I bought the plain outdoor bike seat for $39.99: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QHTZHXD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

ok, I am not a woman, however: I shattered my pelvis in a motorcycle accident i have 2 plates and 9 screws holding it together, I also have a replacement hip and and knee from the same accident, when I started cycling a year ago I was over 400lbs, and I got this seat, it was great until it wasn't.

I thought I had wore it out being so heavy and bought a new one, now down to 220lbs and that seat hurts more than ever.

I switched to this 3 weeks ago and my tailbone and pelvic pain has minimized.

That design makes a lot of sense for the difficulties described in the op
31F9CBFB-E83B-4325-A3D8-85C0A4B5D6A3.jpeg

I can't offer a suggestion for a saddle. Given the specific needs you might consider a professional bike fitter. They can take all the necessary measurements, offer specific suggestions on saddles and adjust the bike as needed. Maybe ask for a woman pro. If it gets you riding the way you want and pain free, it would be worth the cost. Good luck!

I strongly agree with J.R. Find a skilled trained Bike Fitter, not a LBS salesperson its worth the money. I had a basic pro fit
and it made all the difference in the world.

Back