KevinR

Hi guys, i am about to buy electric bike, but I live in a very hilly area of PA. I was curious how this bike works on hills? The hill I live nearby is around 15~20% grade and I'm hoping this bike will make life a little easier. I was thinking about Prodecotech's Phantom x2 or Electrobike's Cross. Help me guys!! i am thinking to spend $1000~ 1999.
Comments and thoughts are very appreciated.

Last edited:
That is a really steep hill. I'm sure someone will be along with their recommendation. I will say with that budget, you are gonna be looking at something pre-owned.

Middrives are considered best on hills..and probably something pretty powerful (500 watts +)

How handy are you? Bet someone will recommend a kit.

Hi guys, i am about to buy electric bike, but I live in a very hilly area of PA. I was curious how this bike works on hills? The hill I live nearby is around 15~20% grade and I'm hoping this bike will make life a little easier. I was thinking about Prodecotech's Phantom x2 or Electrobike's Cross. Help me guys!! i am thinking to spend $1000~ 1999.
Comments and thoughts are very appreciated.

Hi

Wish that I had some good info for you. But, I can recommend reading the reviews, if you haven't had the opportunity to get to them
I'm certain that one of the more technically exprienced members will reply.

That is a really steep hill. I'm sure someone will be along with their recommendation. I will say with that budget, you are gonna be looking at something pre-owned.

Middrives are considered best on hills..and probably something pretty powerful (500 watts +)

How handy are you? Bet someone will recommend a kit.
I am new to these all so i am kinda want completed bike for first time. and how about rad power bike radrover? Thank you all who left comments btw

Kevin
I don't know if you have been thee the Rad power forum>

Forums> General discussion >
Choose by brand

I've let @KevinR know that his original choice is just not powerful enough for that grade. There are so many options that can be researched with both 500 watt+ and mid drives on all of the Reviews. You've got the option to select whatever you want for an ebike with his search options, just select the ' Show all Filters' button and then you can input what you need (much bigger motor, etc.) or other features.

Just another, "easy for me to suggest", comment...

In the main menu there is an, "ebike guide", and reading your comment re the, 'show all filters', and I think that I have seen an overview-how to for using the forum (filters, find members, etc),
What about a blog style comment of the day on the main forum page...
which would include 1of : the info from the 'guide', and comments similar to what you just said about using the filter. Or maybe really hot off the press news link, batteries, etc..

I think it might be away to get some of the best-of-the-site info, right up front each day?

Written by you, Court, or info sent to the 'blog/comment editor'

Back