Focus Aventura BS10 w/ Bosch Speed Motor

Many users have commented on the reliability of both Shimano Alfine and Rohloff hub.

http://www.bikepacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=5384.0

My intuitive feeling is that IGHs are not designed with Ebikes as criteria. That too off-road mid-drive system puts a lot more stress. It's only in the recent past gates system has picked up momentum. Only time will tell.

Last edited:
Thanks Buddy.
I saw your pic in front of the Brooklyn street art w/ your Aventura. very cool.
I plan to commute 30miles each way, 4 days a week. Read about Alfine but still, I'm not totally convinced (It would work fine on a human powered bike but on a speed pedelec w/ mid-drive...mmmm)

I will stopby your store in a few weeks. Anyways, ST2 is not going to be here until late March, I would love to test the Thron and Aventura.
We still have a couple of the Aventura S10's which are very similar bikes with a XT derailleur. My Brooklyn shop is still a couple months out but you're welcome to come out to Long Island. The anticipation is killing me, but the shop will be open for spring. The construction is taking a little longer than anticipated with the permits and such.

I don't want to get to caught up on the IGH thing but I was just thinking about the Shimano Steps and they spec it with the Alfine Di2. It's a little less torque at 50Nm compared to the Impulse's 70. It must say something. The shifting is really the weak point in my opinion, but the shift sensor seems to alleviate that issue.

Back