FLX Trail Questions for Current Owners!

I don't have either bike. But I know it's got a 120 newton meters of torque on the trail. That should be quite a lot for someone who's only a 150 lb unless we're talking about monsterous inclines I think the trail should probably be able to handle it especially if you are in decent shape. Put some schwabe G 1 tires on that'll knock another pound off and give you even more speed. Although there more road tires so if you're doing heavy trails might not be the best. Anyway let me know if you get it and what you think

Great reviews, thanks.
I have some steep hills both road and trail.
Does the Trail ever feel underpowered on the steeps? I’m trying to decide between flx Trail vs Blade. Trail is significantly lighter (and less$) so hoping it is powerful enough. I’m 150 lbs.....

I can make it up some pretty steep grades as a 200 pounder and the bike can power up them by itself via throttle as well. But defining "pretty steep grades" is in the eye of the beholder. I am sure the Blade can negotiate them much easier - it has twice the power, more effective gear ratio, etc. and is made specifically for mountain biking where the Trail is a toned down version which they designed for road use as well (although I am sure the Blade works well on the road). The Trail is plenty for me. If you've got the $$ and are planning on some heavy mountain biking, I am sure the Blade is the way to go. My riding is mostly bike paths and trails, with occasional hills - not true mountain biking, so I was good with saving the $$$.

I can make it up some pretty steep grades as a 200 pounder and the bike can power up them by itself via throttle as well. But defining "pretty steep grades" is in the eye of the beholder. I am sure the Blade can negotiate them much easier - it has twice the power, more effective gear ratio, etc. and is made specifically for mountain biking where the Trail is a toned down version which they designed for road use as well (although I am sure the Blade works well on the road). The Trail is plenty for me. If you've got the $$ and are planning on some heavy mountain biking, I am sure the Blade is the way to go. My riding is mostly bike paths and trails, with occasional hills - not true mountain biking, so I was good with saving the $$$.
Interesting-let’s see-the blade is almost twice the price, with 160 nm of torque versus the trail 120 nm of torque.
But It apparently weighs approximately 13 pounds more-I guess that’s negligible amount if riding but that’s a lot more tonnage to hoist onto a bike rack.....
I also mainly ride streets and rail trails however I really would like the power to climb, with help, some of our steep local mountain bike trails…

Interesting-let’s see-the blade is almost twice the price, with 160 nm of torque versus the trail 120 nm of torque.
But It apparently weighs approximately 13 pounds more-I guess that’s negligible amount if riding but that’s a lot more tonnage to hoist onto a bike rack.....
I also mainly ride streets and rail trails however I really would like the power to climb, with help, some of our steep local mountain bike trails…

Your point regarding lifiting the bike on to a bike rack is something that goes unnoticed. I bought a new bike rack (it is too heavy for most BTW) and the first lift up was a surprise. You do the same type of riding that I do as well.

Question about the throttle on these bikes

just test rode one and from what I can tell the throttle is limited to the PAS level and does not override

Does anyone know if you can change that in the deeper settings in the display or some other way?

Question about the throttle on these bikes

just test rode one and from what I can tell the throttle is limited to the PAS level and does not override

Does anyone know if you can change that in the deeper settings in the display or some other way?

Assume you are asking if the throttle is limited to the PAS level the bike happens to be in at the time you are using the throttle? I don't think you can change that setting - have not seen such an option in the "settings" display. But it is a quick/easy to up the throttle's power via the +/- buttons if you need more juice.

Have you been into the deeper settings on the display? You probably can’t which is stupid and I called them and the girl that answered the phone had no idea
Really hate throttles that are set up like that

Here is another question do these M600 motors come with the steel gears?

Back