Flow vs. Sport speed

Bubsdaddy

I ordered 2 Flows during the Black Friday sale and they should arrive in Mid-December (allegedly). I don't understand something about the specs. Everything appears to be exactly the same on the Flow and the Sport models - same battery, same motor, same torque rating, same gears, etc. Why is the Sport rated Class 3 28 MPH and the Flow is Class 2 20 MPH? I don't think it actually matters to me as I envision 20 MPH being more than enough.

I ordered 2 Flows during the Black Friday sale and they should arrive in Mid-December (allegedly). I don't understand something about the specs. Everything appears to be exactly the same on the Flow and the Sport models - same battery, same motor, same torque rating, same gears, etc. Why is the Sport rated Class 3 28 MPH and the Flow is Class 2 20 MPH? I don't think it actually matters to me as I envision 20 MPH being more than enough.

I thought they were the same motor, controller and display wise? Not sure how one could be faster?

Most bikes that are advertised as 20mph are able to go quite a bit faster if unregulated. If that's not a misprint, the difference will be in the controller settings (they can be set to act just like a governor). Still waiting for my late Nov. Flow, so I don't know if they let you in to where that's set or if they have it locked down. Makes little difference to me as well. I'm fine with a 20mph cap.

I just had my first ride on my flow not much of a test but does have some Frame Flex and rides a little rough do have some Kenda Komfort tires to replace the CST brand but will get some miles on the stocker's first i may buy the wider pedals also i have a wide foot and the pedals seem smallish. I am not sure i like the stock handle bar's may go with something wider and not really cruiser style. Hope the Flow holds up quality wise.

Back