Fitting water bottle on medium CCX & extending rear light - 3D printing

youth

The positioning of the mounts are useless so designed and 3d printed an offset bracket to use with a lezyne side load bottle holder. Fits a 12oz insulated laken therm bottle. I don't know how well this will hold up to repeated use though.
20190228_103259_resized.jpg20190228_103328_resized.jpg20190228_103421_resized.jpg

Also came up with something to extend the rear light and allow it to be mounted the right side up. I am confident this will hold up. Can also be opened up to replace battery if held a certain way.

20190228_103603_resized.jpg

The top stem cap is a good mounting point. There are better solutions for usability, but I also wanted to try to keep as much of the slick looking CCX esthetics as possible.

Thanks @youth, I get a 404 right now, but I'll check later again. The batteries I replaced in my rear light are already running out after a few weeks after I accidentally left it on... :rolleyes: Perfect timing! :cool:

I printed it out and attached it to the bike! Great design that fits the aesthetics! It will make changing the batteries much easier. Thanks, @youth.

Attachments

• tail-light-print-1.jpg
    tail-light-print-1.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 912
  • tail-light-print-2.jpg
    tail-light-print-2.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 916
  • tail-light-print-3.jpg
    tail-light-print-3.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 929
  • tail-light-print-4.jpg
    tail-light-print-4.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 961
  • tail-light-print-5.jpg
    tail-light-print-5.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 939
  • tail-light-print-6.jpg
    tail-light-print-6.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 925
  • tail-light-print-7.jpg
    tail-light-print-7.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 949
  • tail-light-print-8.jpg
    tail-light-print-8.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 695
  • tail-light-print-9.jpg
    tail-light-print-9.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 912
  • tail-light-print-10.jpg
    tail-light-print-10.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 952
  • tail-light-print-11.jpg
    tail-light-print-11.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 954
  • tail-light-print-12.jpg
    tail-light-print-12.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 924
That is so coo! I have a lathe in the basement and can turn and fabricate some parts but that is impressive.

I printed it out and attached it to the bike!

Cool. I'm not sure how to get CAD to translate to the layout I prefer in the slicer, but I designed it with the intent to be printed horizontally (nicer finish & no supports needed). I'm no engineer, but it feels like it would be stronger. So I'd be interested in how that holds up for you.

That is so coo! I have a lathe in the basement and can turn and fabricate some parts but that is impressive.

Yep 3D printing is convenient & functional if you don't need the strength of metal. This wouldn't be too much work on a manual mill though.

Last edited:
The positioning of the mounts are useless so designed and 3d printed an offset bracket to use with a lezyne side load bottle holder. Fits a 12oz insulated laken therm bottle. I don't know how well this will hold up to repeated use though.
View attachment 30327View attachment 30328View attachment 30329

Also came up with something to extend the rear light and allow it to be mounted the right side up. I am confident this will hold up. Can also be opened up to replace battery if held a certain way.

View attachment 30330
Is that extension for the rear light available to buy?

Hey @Bryan Mcloughlin, congratulations on reaching 2000 miles! I'm only at 1100 miles. Recently, I fixed some sticky brake pistons :(....but then my battery stopped charging beyond about 50% :mad:. So I sent in my battery to Hi-C be rebuilt... After Hi-C analyzed it, they told me that it was my charger that was broken. :eek: Anyway, I'm waiting on my battery... Hope to get back on the bike soon! :cool:

Hey @Bryan Mcloughlin, congratulations on reaching 2000 miles! I'm only at 1100 miles. Recently, I fixed some sticky brake pistons :(....but then my battery stopped charging beyond about 50% :mad:. So I sent in my battery to Hi-C be rebuilt... After Hi-C analyzed it, they told me that it was my charger that was broken. :eek: Anyway, I'm waiting on my battery... Hope to get back on the bike soon! :cool:
Hey B-sorry to hear about your battery troubles (I guess better the charger than the battery.) Get back on that thing and catch up!!

Back