First Ride on CCX

The CCX was a fantastic ride on the afternoon work commute:
18.08 miles; ride time: 57 minutes; Maximum speed 27.96 mph; Average speed: 18.84;
Windy and cool but Sunny; 18 mph WSW wind;
Avg: 46 ºF

The 2nd work commute of 2019; Taking advantage of Dry roads and Sun on the third work day of the year to get some exercise commuting on my new bike.
Made good speed on the ride today, the CCX was flawless high performance transportation. I really appreciate the Schwalbe tires, the front fork suspension, the combo torque and cadence sensor, hydraulic disk brakes, and abundant reserve power in the hub motor and the battery!

I've put 115 miles on the bike since getting the bike in early December.

18.08 miles; ride time: 57 minutes; Maximum speed 27.96 mph; Average speed: 18.84;

The 2nd work commute of 2019; Taking advantage of Dry roads and Sun on the third work day of the year to get some exercise commuting on my new bike.
Made good speed on the ride today, the CCX was flawless high performance transportation. I really appreciate the Schwalbe tires, the front fork suspension, the combo torque and cadence sensor, hydraulic disk brakes, and abundant reserve power in the hub motor and the battery!

Nice commute report. How much of the battery was depleted after your commute. I’m curious to know how it performed in the cooler temps.

Thanks for the update. Keep 'em coming!

Nice commute report. How much of the battery was depleted after your commute. I’m curious to know how it performed in the cooler temps.
The initial voltage was 57.5 , it dropped gradually during the ride to about 48.5 volts. After resting the battery at the end of the ride the voltage read was 53.5 volts (about a 4 volt drop in the 18 mile ride)
100_3503.JPG
The matrix advanced display showed a consumption of about 15.4 Wh/mile (during the past 33 miles)
100_3502.JPG

Last edited:
The initial voltage was 57.5 , it dropped gradually during the ride to about 48.5 volts. After resting the battery at the end of the ride the voltage read was 53.5 volts (about a 4 volt drop in the 18 mile ride)
View attachment 28637
The matrix advanced display showed a consumption of about 15.4 Wh/mile (during the past 33 miles)
View attachment 28636
15.4 Wh per mile is pretty good. I use 20 Wh/mi as a rough rule of thumb when planning a long ride.

Bought online from one of the German bike shops. This is made in Germany & feels like half the weight of the stock light. Waiting on Higo connector from Ebay & then Harbor Freight for some cheap tools & waterproof connectors to make the connection.

View attachment 28455
Hi Youth,
How long did it take for delivery of this headlight? I ordered almost 3 weeks ago and it still have no tracking info from USPS. I guess it is still in customs.

Hi Youth,
How long did it take for delivery of this headlight? I ordered almost 3 weeks ago and it still have no tracking info from USPS. I guess it is still in customs.

Ordered from bike discount shipped 18th DHL received 28th USPS.

Back