First Impressions ST2

Alex_C

I've been looking for a cargo bike / better commuter for a while. I commute 10mi each way here in MPLS roughly once a week and through the winter. Sold my Fargo and picked up an ST2 and had the first ride today.

It's like hills don't exist any more. Mode 3 and I'm able to maintain 27-30 mph and keep up with traffic! This thing is incredible. Commute to work shaved 10 whole minutes, 10 miles in 24 mins! Total of 28 miles today with 20 mph average used about 65% of the battery with probably 70% in mode 3 and the balance in mode 2.

Need to get panniers and trailer hookup for the Burley. I'm looking at Ortlieb front rollers or sport rollers - anyone use them with their Stromer?

Congrats, on a good choice of e bike! I have a Burley Travoy trailer on my St2 for grocery getting. Not for high speeds though. Really travels well behind the Stromer. Easy to forget it's even behind you. I have hit a few things turning. Don't remember the pannier style , but Racktime is the brand. Got mine at (bike bag shop. com). I have an Arkel handlebar bag to help with wheel float. Sweet bikes huh! Two yrs. riding mine, and still just like new.

...I'm looking at Ortlieb front rollers or sport rollers - anyone use them with their Stromer?

I have a Riese and Muller with a Racktime rack. I'm using the Ortlieb Sport Packer Plus panniers (designed as front or small panniers) for commuting or a Vaude trunk bag and a backpack. The panniers are smaller since they are designed for front racks but I'm using them on the rear Racktime rack - two give me plenty of capacity for a work commute where I carry some bike tools, a change of clothes, a shower pack and my locks and cables (locking bike on a public rack) and once in a while my laptop. On windier days and when I can get away with less stuff, I opt for the Vaude trunk bag and the aerodynamic backpack (Northface Microbyte). The Vaude bags have variants that are made for Racktime and mine is a perfect fit. I ordered it from TravelInn I think (Euro site) and the service/delivery was excellent. There is another recent thread here with the link.

I've been looking for a cargo bike / better commuter for a while. I commute 10mi each way here in MPLS roughly once a week and through the winter. Sold my Fargo and picked up an ST2 from Crazy Lenny this week and had the first ride today.

It's like hills don't exist any more. Mode 3 and I'm able to maintain 27-30 mph and keep up with traffic! This thing is incredible. Commute to work shaved 10 whole minutes, 10 miles in 24 mins! Total of 28 miles today with 20 mph average used about 65% of the battery with probably 70% in mode 3 and the balance in mode 2.

Need to get panniers and trailer hookup for the Burley. I'm looking at Ortlieb front rollers or sport rollers - anyone use them with their Stromer?

I have Ortleib's on my ST2. Back Roller Classic.
Any of the Ortleib's work fine.

USNA- ST2.jpg

Hi Ravi, I ordered the front rollers as I don't need the huge size of the back roller model. Good to know they fit though.
I bought the bike from Evan and he was going to order the trailer brackets. PM sent.

Just passed 500 miles. Still as amazed as day one.
With the trailer this set up could take the place of a car for 8 months of the year where I live.

Almost 800 miles in three months!

Solved a couple issues - rear fender was rattling and figured out it is a 3mm wrench / bolt through the hole. Also tightened up the headset using a 5mm spacer, wasn't able to tighten it due to the height of the steerer tube.

Attachments

• IMG_0094.JPG
    IMG_0094.JPG
    757.3 KB · Views: 395
Back