First impressions - Juggernaut Ultra

On my ride into work on the multi-use path, a female rider came from the opposite direction in the vehicle lane on a fat e-bike. She went by too fast for me to determine the bike model, but I told myself, "That's it. Time for a financial pow-wow with the wife. If I'm going to have to keep riding to work so she can keep the car, I'm getting an ebike sooner than later. In reality, it's going to be our second car but a lot cheaper upfront and in the long run." Well, it sounds good in my head right now.

@TForan did you get the Juggernaut Ultra 1000? I wanted to get the Classic HD @ $2499, but it's sold out and it looks like it has been replaced by, or just rebranded, the Ultra 1000 @ $2999. Bike looks identical but the fork has been upgraded from Mozo to RST. My commute is 16 miles round-trip so in your real user opinion, can I get by with the cheaper 11.6Ah battery or am I going to be disappointed? It's $300 more for the 17.5Ah. Thanks in advance for the response.

Are the rules strictly enforced ?
I have yet to read anywhere that someone has had their motor size checked. Heck, most people probably have no idea what motor they have. And I doubt 1 in 100,000 cops would know how to figure it out. If you're going to be cited, it's because you're an ass, not because you're on an ebike.

I bought the 20ah battery just to avoid drawing down the battery and losing performance, and also allows me to only charge 80-90% to extend battery life. I've yet to read anyone wish they had a smaller battery, but plenty say the opposite.

I have yet to read anywhere that someone has had their motor size checked. Heck, most people probably have no idea what motor they have. And I doubt 1 in 100,000 cops would know how to figure it out. If you're going to be cited, it's because you're an ass, not because you're on an ebike.

I bought the 20ah battery just to avoid drawing down the battery and losing performance, and also allows me to only charge 80-90% to extend battery life. I've yet to read anyone wish they had a smaller battery, but plenty say the opposite.

I believe I got one of the last Classic HD, I upgraded to the hydraulic brakes and ordered the 20ah battery. So as i understand the major difference for me from the ultra is the torque sensor in the motor. I'm tracking my bike now and I should have it on Monday.

@TForan did you get the Juggernaut Ultra 1000? I wanted to get the Classic HD @ $2499, but it's sold out and it looks like it has been replaced by, or just rebranded, the Ultra 1000 @ $2999. Bike looks identical but the fork has been upgraded from Mozo to RST. My commute is 16 miles round-trip so in your real user opinion, can I get by with the cheaper 11.6Ah battery or am I going to be disappointed? It's $300 more for the 17.5Ah. Thanks in advance for the response.

Yes, I did with the 20 Ah battery. I bought it for a winter bike but found out that riding in powder was fun but packed icy snow, not so much.

I now have Vtire 3.5 inch tires, Thudbuster and soon a rigid fork. Still waiting for spring !
_DSC1680.jpg

Last edited:
On my ride into work on the multi-use path, a female rider came from the opposite direction in the vehicle lane on a fat e-bike. She went by too fast for me to determine the bike model, but I told myself, "That's it. Time for a financial pow-wow with the wife. If I'm going to have to keep riding to work so she can keep the car, I'm getting an ebike sooner than later. In reality, it's going to be our second car but a lot cheaper upfront and in the long run." Well, it sounds good in my head right now.

I just saw a Youtube vid of guy who bought a fs Ultra from Alibaba. Claims it cost $2400 delivered (air freighted)
Yes, I did with the 20 Ah battery. I bought it for a winter bike but found out that riding in powder was fun but packed icy snow, not so much.

I now have Vtire 3.5 inch tires, Thudbuster and soon a rigid fork. Still waiting for spring !

Curious why the ridgid fork? Is there a lock out on existing forks?

I just saw a Youtube vid of guy who bought a fs Ultra from Alibaba. Claims it cost $2400 delivered (air freighted)

Curious why the ridgid fork? Is there a lock out on existing forks?

There is a lockout but it still has movement. I ride mostly on pavement and I'm figuring the tires will be enough cushion. If not, I'll put on a better fork.

If you go to this Aliexpress Store and scroll to the bottom where they show the pictures of their assembly facility, you'll see a picture of the original Juggernaut. Not sure if they got Roshan's approval for that, but we know all these ebike brands originate in China. Good luck on getting any warranty claims honored from Alibaba.

couple questions - will 29er wheels fit on this bike with the fenders in place? Would it seem possible to put comfort handlebars (angled backward) on this bike?

thanks

On the page for the Juggernaut Classic, scroll down and you'll see that they mention you can swap out the wheels with 27.5 x 3 or 29 x 3. I don't see why you couldn't do this with the Ultra as well but check Biktrix to confirm. Not sure if stock fenders would still fit though. I'm thinking not.

We were riding our Ultras along a logging road when I noticed that I got a electrical shock whenever I touched a metal part on the bike with bare skin, At first I thought there may be a shorted wire somewhere so I pulled the battery. Once the battery was removed, I was still getting shocks from every metal bike part. Strange. I happened to look up and saw that I was standing under a high-voltage electrical transmission line about 40 feet above. I moved the bike about 100 feet away from the wires and no more shocks. So if you feel shocks, look up!

I believe I got one of the last Classic HD, I upgraded to the hydraulic brakes and ordered the 20ah battery. So as i understand the major difference for me from the ultra is the torque sensor in the motor. I'm tracking my bike now and I should have it on Monday.
Did you get your bike? First impressions?

What is a “classic HD”? Meaning last one from the vendor?
Thanks!

The Biktrix Juggernaut Classic HD. They're taking pre-orders now for June delivery.
Did you get your bike? First impressions?
Yes, I have my Biktrix Juggernaut Classic HD. First of all Roshan was great to work with. In the initial shipment, the fork was bent by the delivery company. I spoke to Roshan, sent him a pic and I received a new fork within a week. Great service!! Everything on the bike works perfect. I programmed for 20 mile per hour max, which is plenty of speed for me and changed the levels from 1-5 to 1-9. I am 5 feet 6 inches tall, on a good day, and I was able to configure the handles bars, so I am in fairly upright position riding. I have been on the trails and the road about 5 or 6 times in the last two weeks. The bike rides fantastic in both situations. Excellent power and I have the 48/19.2 battery, so plenty of range. I am extremely happy with my purchase from Biktrix and I am confident, if I was to have any future issues with the bike, Roshan would be immediately responsive, as he was with the bent fork. Some great pics attached.
thumb_IMG_2862_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2941_1024.jpg

Well thought I would give a update now that I am 500kms in.
The bike is a blast, somehow after reading all the adds I thought that it would have been more powerful but I suppose that was just my ignorance to e-bikes.
500 kms in have to say its plenty of power , that said Canadian regs that require 500 watt continuous is complete BS.
And the throttle ban is BS as well.
Yet I am passed all the time by men in tights riding road bikes , I suppose that's ok after all I am trying to keep within the speed limits on pathways .
Have to admit I should have listened to the other posters that said drop the cash on the big battery though having a smaller battery does force me to exercise and that was the whole reason behind the purchase.
But it does keep me from going on longer trips and exploring more .
In-case people are wondering you can indeed go 40-50 kms with some hills in Eco 1 mode with the 11ah battery.
I now recharge the battery fully everyday at work , 800 charges can go a long long way most likely can only ride 4 months a year here .
One of the changes I would suggest if Roshan can convince the factory to do would be to put some bosses on the seat tube outer part.
It would be really nice to be able to install a boomerang gps on the bike after all we are talking =/-4 k .
Some of the accessory's I would love to get would be 1) a cycle satiator or a smaller more compact charger to pack with me 2) panniers when my rear rack arrives 3) the boomerang gps 4)bigger battery 5) thud-buster.

The bike seems to ride great and the programing that Roshan put in seems to be spot on not jerky at all . I wonder with the programming cable if a person can adjust the settings for eco / sport modes independently?

All in all I do like the bike it does what it was advertised to do I only wish one of my friends had one too.
Sounds like you're enjoying your Juggernaut. I have one of the very early ones (Kickstarter days) with the BBS02 - and still love it. Over the 2+ years I've had it, I've made a few changes, some of which are along the lines of your thinking:
  • Added panniers and rear rack
  • Got an extra solid state charger that I carry in my pannier
  • Installed a Suntour NCX suspension seatpost (I have a Thudbuster LT on one of my other bikes, & tried it on the Jugg but found it took too much space and made the seat too high)
  • Swapped handlebar for one with more sweep and rise (more comfortable for an old guy!)
  • Swapped tires for some Vee Rubber Speedsters (I ride mainly on hard surfaces and these are much smoother and quieter)
  • Re range, I found I can get about 60Km from my 11.6Ah battery (with a good deal of pedaling assist). I got a second 15Ah pack which I can use as an "extra" on any of my 3 bikes if I plan a long trip. This is pretty compact (rectangular) and can be carried easily in one of the panniers.
  • Added Ergon Comfort grips (these make a big difference in comfort)
When I write it all down, it seems like a lot, but I guess that's part of the fun of an ebike.

There is also a Thudbuster ST (Short throw?) which I believe is more compact and would take up less space. I haven't tried one of those.

Back