First e-bike which model: RKS GF25 (500€) | OneSport OT05 (1000€) | ENGWE E26 (1300€)

djpns

Region
Europe
Hello, I was a cyclist for years and I had a Sector bike (not ebike) with 26'' inch tyres and 24 gears, travelling over 100.000 km with it. For some years I left my bike and now I'm looking again to start again! But my preferences have changed. I want a e-bike cause now I don't want to focus on the speed that the gears of a bike give you, but in simple cycling (and exploring) more to observe nature than to exercise so much. My country gives me 40% cashback (of the clear price - without the taxes) for bying an ebike, so it's a good timing to buy it.

For now, I watch these three ebikes: RKS GF25 (500€) | OneSport OT05 (1000€) | ENGWE E26 (1300€)
The first one (RKS GF25), in my country they sell it at 500€ price which is a GREAT price and many people have bought it (it has Yadea Fusion F335 mid drive motor). But I have read that this bike is a Chinese model where it's first dealer "brand" was a Turkish brand called "RKS". The price of this bike was at first around 1.200-1.300 Euros but in my country many dealers have taken this bike without the brand name (no stickers and logos of the brand) and sell it really low (500€). It looks so great for this price and all these materials it's made from (check here the specs: https://www.rksmotor.eu/model/gf25.html)

What I want?

• Maximum price 1.300€
  • Maximum motor power 250W and maximum speed 25km/h (on the papers)
  • The bike must have all the papers for the EU laws
  • I want a bike more than 26'' inch tyres (or with 26'' inch that "feels" larger when you ride it)
  • I want the bike to have at least 7-9 gears and more
  • I want the bike to have at least front suspension
  • I want to have disc brakes (or hydraulic disc brakes)
  • I want the bike to have at least rear rack and lights
  • I want the bike to be able to ride on some degrees up roads
  • I want when the battery runs out to be able to ride the bike without much problem (even in low speeds 10-20km/h)
Ιt would be especially helpful if I could get feedback from people who own one of these bikes.

Thank you in advance!

None of these bicycles has any listing on the brand forums of what troubles have occurred. https://forums.electricbikereview.com/categories/discussion-by-brand-user-reviews.168/
No specification sheet indicates whether the frame spokes rims and cables are made of real steel and aluminum, or scrap metal containing lead tin zinc and copper. At the lower price range most e-bikes do have metal prone to stretching or fractures.
Even brand name components like derailleurs axles and shifters, I have found the top brand, the upper tier components are fine and the price leader components are prone to fracture of the axle or unscrewing and dropping the balls on the road. I broke an axle on road weighing an elephantine 82 kg. Outside the USA many brand name products are counterfeit.
I have had chinese spokes stretch on road when I weighed 73 kg, Both the 2 mm installed on 150 Euro discount store mountain bikes, and the 2.5 mm spokes shipped with geared hub motor power wheels. OTOH the DT Swiss 2 mm spokes (US made) I laced into a wheel myself never needed adjustment.
In general mid-drives and direct drive hub motors are difficult to ride without power. Most mid-drives without power drag the motor with your feet. Geared hub motors usually have minimal drag when the motor is unpowered.
You may do better to participate in a forum that is located in your country.

Last edited:
For the price, I would go for it. With Shimano parts you can maintain the bike yourself.
It is sold in EU and have to be certified for CE / EN 15194 standard: "This European Standard is intended to cover all common significant hazards, hazardous situations and events" etc.

It is true that this forum primarily deals with "Motorcycles with pedals"; but not entirely.

All e-bikes in that price range in Europe are crap.
You would buy a mediocre to acceptable non-electric bicycle for that money but not a good e-bike.
For instance ENGWE is synonymous to "Chinese rubbish". It is a 750 W e-bike, illegal in Europe. The other two must be a disaster.

With Shimano parts you can maintain the bike yourself.
It is expected to be an e-bike, not a bike. For the money, I would not trust the battery safety at all. (The cheapest of the e-bikes mentioned is half of a good battery cost). If anything breaks on the electrical side, the owner could simply throw the e-bike into the sea or under the bus. Now, you say "Shimano". Shimano makes things from cheapest to the most expensive. Were any of these e-bikes equipped with a Shimano mid-drive motor, that would be just another world of e-bikes :)

Last edited:
I see the GF25 advertises a battery with Lishen cells. Lishen is a major Korean battery maker, not a small time supplier of junk cells, so that's a good thing.

I've not heard of Yadea, but yikes, if they sell a motorcycle like this, they must know how to build a dinky 250W mid motor,

If the GF25 isn't too heavy, it might be rideable w/o power, your last requirement. Bet you that it's heavy,

I see the GF25 advertises a battery with Lishen cells. Lishen is a major Korean battery maker, not a small time supplier of junk cells, so that's a good thing.

I've not heard of Yadea, but yikes, if they sell a motorcycle like this, they must know how to build a dinky 250W mid motor,

If the GF25 isn't too heavy, it might be rideable w/o power, your last requirement. Bet you that it's heavy,
People I'm talking in Greece and own this bike, they tell me it's very good in riding and in terms of power. My only problem was what kind of battery this bike has, but you found that has Lishen cells. Also Yadea is selling motorbikes in many countries and I'm trying to find info about this company. But as I can see on their official store, they sell also Yadea brand e-bikes and they use the same motor "Yadea Fusion F335" on all of their bikes. That's a good sign I believe. The other problem that seems strange is that the bike costs 500€, and if you sum up all the parts that it has, it goes more than 500€ (Only the motor costs around 200-300 euros as I've found, plus the battery, the hydraulic discs etc. )

I would tell that it is very strange, but people have tried this bike, no complaints. I can't understand hehe...

Back