Finally ordered my Ebike today

erider_61

After being on this forum for 10 months and reading countless posts and watching many reviews I finally pulled the trigger. My Voltbike Bravo is on the way. Looking forward to my first ever electric ride experience. Now I just have to make it through the 7-8 business day shipping wait...

You held out longer than I did.. I think I lurked around here for about 3 months before pulling the trigger on my 1st ebike.. Congrats, you will never go back to an acoustic bike

I plan on keeping my acoustic bike as well. Rode 23 km the other day to Clinton from Goderich. And then 23 km back. 1 1/2 hrs each way. I think I will enjoy both bikes for different reasons

i thought the same... Acoustic bike is in the basement now but I have a bad hip so it was painful to ride it. Not so much with the ebike

Yeah my acoustic gets used only when I am certain that I am staying on the flats or will be needing to leave it unattended. It's like the family pet after your first child is born...neglected.

Last edited:
Captain Slow hats off to you. I think you must be in much better shape than I am.
I think I'm also younger than you. Even this week with the mileage I've ridden, I don't think I match your totals. You must be one of the highest mileage riders on this forum. I live in Burnaby so we should try to meet up for a ride sometime. I notice from the pictures thread there are a number of us from the lower mainland on this forum.

Congrats on your new ebike!
I think you will find that you ride many more miles than you anticipated.
Looking forward to your reaction.

The wait for shipping and hoping there was no shipping damage would kill me. Worse than being a kid on X-mas eve!

I think I'm also younger than you. Even this week with the mileage I've ridden, I don't think I match your totals. You must be one of the highest mileage riders on this forum. I live in Burnaby so we should try to meet up for a ride sometime. I notice from the pictures thread there are a number of us from the lower mainland on this forum.

And when you come to the Okanagan I'll ride with you, we have a wonderful rail trail. I'm from Vancouver and when I see all the pictures from the lower mainland I get homesick.

And when you come to the Okanagan I'll ride with you, we have a wonderful rail trail. I'm from Vancouver and when I see all the pictures from the lower mainland I get homesick.
I'll send you a message if we go to the Okanagan for sure.

I guess DDBB is doing better than me. So far this week I've ridden 265 km's and 70 km's of that on my ebike, the rest on my Cervelo. I figures I've used about 500 watt hours of energy in the 70 km's on my ebike. So in total I've used say 500 watt hours to go 265 km's - probably more than DDBB if his motor is off 99% of the time.

TForan - I love my ebike, but the doctor has told me my sugar levels are too high so I'm riding my Cervelo more often because it's easier to burn more calories and sugar on it. I've tried to work as hard on the ebike as my Cervelo, but even on Eco and riding hard I just can't seem to get my HR up to the same level.

Well I am 65 ....how old are you Captain?

I'm 53

I rode about 5,700 km's last year and this year it will be less. Probably around 4,000 km's. I can't remember where I read it, but I get the impression that you do something like 10k to 20k km's per year.

I'm 53

I rode about 5,700 km's last year and this year it will be less. Probably around 4,000 km's. I can't remember where I read it, but I get the impression that you do something like 10k to 20k km's per year.
OH you are just a Puppy! Yeah I will easily get 12-15 k gods willing.

Back