Faulty Monitor MPH -Speed- and Distance on 21Lectric XP2

DC XP2 STL

Region
USA
I bought an 2021 Lectric XP2 in October 21. I've noticed the mileage is off about 0.1 mile per mile. may be (much) more or less. The speedometer is off about 5 mph. I called Lectric and they said yes, it is off. It's in the motor. (I don't see how they can see a defective bike but they are) So my choices are: get a separate bike computer and ignore those displays on the monitor, or play with tire size in the settings as the default is set to 22 and it's a 20 inch tire, or get someone, if I can find them to tackle this situation. Seems no one want to work on that motor unless they sold me the bike.

Anyone else have that situation?

20" wheel has a 22" diameter tire. No way speedo has 10% error. Something smells fishy.

EDIT 14 December: Okay, learned a bit since that post. My Lectric st wheels are actually about 17" in diameter. There is something not set correctly in the controller settings (and we're locked out from adjusting). But the solution is trivial--just ride with a GPS that shows speed and distance, and simply adjust the tire size setting until speed/distance match (for me, distance more precise). I found a setting of 26" tire size was pretty close.

Last edited:
If you really had some need for this data, who would want it, you can play with wheel diameter. Is the readout displaying a higher or lower speed than actual? There is nothing fishy or defective, it is just a Harbor Freight tool and not a Park Tool.

Back