Fat Tire w/ Yamaha PW-X?

ScottC

Newbie here looking to get into e biking. The Forums have been great. Does anyone know of a 2018 Fat Tire bike with Yamaha's new PW-X drive unit? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I'm looking for the same system! I also would like to figure out how to enable the walk assist mode, it's disabled on my 2017 Haibike fat six PW.

I'm looking for the same system! I also would like to figure out how to enable the walk assist mode, it's disabled on my 2017 Haibike fat six PW.
If it is Yamaha, they do not enable walk assist. They consider it a type of throttle and they do not support it. Probably some kind of legality issue in the US.

If it is Yamaha, they do not enable walk assist. They consider it a type of throttle and they do not support it. Probably some kind of legality issue in the US.

A legal issue in the EU perhaps but not in the US, even in states with the Class laws, as Class 2 bikes are allowed access anywhere Class 1 bikes are according to the letter of those laws up to 20mph. Although it can be up to whatever agency to interpret this differently.

A low speed/high torque activator would be a good thing on any eBike to help get their extra weight out of it's own way at times. Unfortunately the EU laws prohibiting throttles has gotten to mean that there should be absolutely no margin for this in their products as well as in the minds of consumers. Their loss.

The giant bikes with pwx have walk assist enabled ( at least my australian 2018 full e pro does)

The giant bikes with pwx have walk assist enabled ( at least my australian 2018 full e pro does)

Great to hear someone has it on Yamaha motors. So many riders are missing this feature on their E-bikes. Sounds like a very practical feature.

Back