fat bike wheel holder

Hugh

On my Friday and Saturday off this week I decided to make a simple stand for transporting my fat bike in the back of my truck. So a 55" length of 3/4" square tubing laid across the floor of the truck at the cab end, with a cradle with an inside diameter wide enough to fit the 4" wide Big Daddy rear tire. It is 27" high at the back and about 4" high at the front and does a great job of holding the bike upright. Still needs a little welding then some cleanup with the grinder followed by paint. I looked at aftermarket stands, everyone seems to want $200 plus for some plastic thing. Since I had a long piece of tubing left over from my canoe stand and I own a 110 welder plus other tools It seemed a good idea to make a stand. Unfortunately my cold really kicked in so I,m now in the house and hoping to be able to head to work tomorrow. Once it,s done I can post a picture if anyone wants.

it's in
bike stand 007 (640x480).jpg
t
bike stand 008 (640x480).jpg
bike stand 009 (640x462).jpg

That's the final product, it fits in the bed of my Nissan Frontier, I was going to weld some tabs so it could be fastened to the Nissan rail system but decided they were not needed. It is quite light and makes a great bike stand in the garage as well. I will just use a couple of my ratchet straps to hold the bike in place when it's being transported

Back