Fastroad E - EX PRO

Buckdubay

Looking into purchasing one of these. Does anyone have experience with? Went back 3 or 4 pages of Giant tread and didn’t see anything.

Attachments

• 3B5DE48A-082F-42BA-B72C-B6ED1515862A.png
    3B5DE48A-082F-42BA-B72C-B6ED1515862A.png
    526 KB · Views: 616
There has been some discussion about that model, but finding it is tough.

I had considered getting one at the end of last season when I found out about it, but decided not to because of the lack of front suspension and the small battery. I ended up with a 2019 Explore E+1 GTS instead and I'm very happy with it.

Unfortunately there are no Explore E to be found in my area. I am just south of you in the Plattsburgh vicinity. I want to get back to longer rides and I don’t mind peddling. I just need a little help due to many old hip and knee injuries. The area here is quite hilly so I don’t know if it is the best choice.

Unfortunately there are no Explore E to be found in my area. I am just south of you in the Plattsburgh vicinity. I want to get back to longer rides and I don’t mind peddling. I just need a little help due to many old hip and knee injuries. The area here is quite hilly so I don’t know if it is the best choice.
Very important (my opinion) to have a good dealer... maybe more important than the choice of brand/model. I know High Peaks Cyclery in Lake Placid is excellent and they carry Giant as well as other brands. Is there a good shop near you (in Plattsburgh?).

Are you planning on riding only on paved roads? Some trails too? Again my opinion, but I think a front suspension is very nice to have. And with the hills in your area, I think a higher capacity battery would be really worthwhile. You'll probably use a lot of assist on those climbs. My suggestion is to find a good dealer and see what they suggest for the riding you plan to do.

Have fun!

Viking ski and ride is a good shop in Plattsburgh. The lake Placid shop didn’t have much left to choose from when I last looked.

When I was shopping around between a new Fastroad or a used local seller of a Quick E+, I asked the online chat at the Bicyclewarehouse website.

TLDR: The Fastroad is supposed to be an upgrade to the discontinued Quick E+. Noticable differences are Kendra tires, Tiagra gearset and less range with smaller capacity battery which can be increased with the extender pack (get it). There were other minor upgrades he mentioned that I can't recall, but I opted for the used Quick E+ because it was significantly cheaper with only 100 miles.

For the life of me I can't understand why Giant would put such a small battery on this bike, while other companies are going to larger batteries.
When it comes to ebikes Giant is definitely behind the curve.
Don't get me wrong, I really like Giant products. May favourite bike is my Defy Advanced Pro 0 road bike. Now if Giant would only make an e-road bike similar to the Creo.....wouldn't that be nice.

Well I ended up with a Giant Toughroad. I test drove a bunch of Ebikes Friday and Saturday and absolutely loved the Toughroad. I was hesitant on pulling the trigger on the purchase because of the price tag. My crazy wife comes home 3 hours later with the bike to surprise me for Father’s Day(Birthday, Christmas, Anniversary and Father’s Day again). I am totally floored. Can’t wait to take it for a serious ride today

Drop bars. Rides great, did 25 miles on it today. I going to raise the bars a bit to make it easier on my back. Also a a rack and panniers for grabbing things on errands. A couple lights and I am good to go.

Is the Tough Road class 3? Love that the FastRoad E+ Pro EX is built to do 45 kph.
It is a class 3. I road home on a 3 mile stretch of relatively flat ground using the highest assist (Sport +) and traveled 27 mph pretty easily.

I know that a number of experienced riders find saving weight an oppression. I guess that why the high profit eBikes manufacturers are going with lighter and modest batteries on their premier units.

Going out today to test my battery on my Giant Toughroad. Going about 44 miles. The plan is to keep it in Eco or at Eco +. I am going to keep the minimum speed at 15 mph. And try to average 17-19ish mph. Mild to moderate hill will be the terrain. I will be interested in seeing the amount of battery left at the end of the ride. All this assuming my knee holds up.

When I was shopping around between a new Fastroad or a used local seller of a Quick E+, I asked the online chat at the Bicyclewarehouse website.

TLDR: The Fastroad is supposed to be an upgrade to the discontinued Quick E+. Noticable differences are Kendra tires, Tiagra gearset and less range with smaller capacity battery which can be increased with the extender pack (get it). There were other minor upgrades he mentioned that I can't recall, but I opted for the used Quick E+ because it was significantly cheaper with only 100 miles.

One huge difference between the Quick E+ and the FastRoad E+ EX is the FastRoad has the Yamaha Pro motor and the Quick has the Sport.

Back from ride. 3 hrs 11mins of riding. Average 16.2 miles per hour. 52 miles total. 43% battery left. I pushed myself pretty hard. Stayed on eco and eco+, accept for two big hills (I bumped it up to Normal).

Back