Experiences with Aventon customer service and support?

For those of you still trying to get a response (or parts etc.) from Aventon, write a review on the BBB site. The company seems to pay attention to them, and has responded to each review thus far.

Not sure if that means it'll accelerate their actual response to you, but maybe worth a shot?

I hope they can hire more CSRs and start answering their phone!
Hi,

Thanks for this link to the Better Business Bureau. After I submitted my negative report on Aventon's miserable Customer Support, I noticed a number of replies from Aventon to disgruntled owners. This may indeed be the most effective way to reach them.

I noticed via email that Aventon is having a live event on Facebook Live. Sounds like it may be a good time for someone with support issues to bring this up? I'm not on Facebook.it seems like they are selling more bikes than they have staff to support? If they plan to keep selling lots of bikes, especially to repeat customers. It would be good to see how or if they plan to resolve this?
Yeah I'm thinking on waltzing into that like a giant cock, and saying "boy, boy... you listening to me? I swear, boy's as sharp as a bowling ball".

I love how they have the time to generate spam and announce live events, but not provide warranty support.

Hi,

Thanks for this link to the Better Business Bureau. After I submitted my negative report on Aventon's miserable Customer Support, I noticed a number of replies from Aventon to disgruntled owners. This may indeed be the most effective way to reach them.
Which -- as a web developer and business consultant -- makes me wonder if their broken poorly made website slopped together any-old-way is contributing to their support woes. I know I had a dog of a time just getting my warranty issue to submit.

It's your typical sleazy copy of shopify pissing on accessibility with gibberish heading orders, non-semantic markup, and fixed metric fonts, mated to the pesky 3i of web development (ignorance, incompetence, and ineptitude) so common when bootcrap (bootstrap) or other such HTML/CSS frameworks get smeared all over the Internet's carpets. I keep telling designers and front-end dev's, go find a stick to scrape that off with before it bends you over a log like poor Ned Beatty.

Static scripting in the markup, static style in the markup, zero separation of presentation from content, paragraphs around non-paragraph content, endless pointless DIV for nothing, endless pointless classes for nothing, endless pointless separate files for nothing, zero scripting or style irrelevant graceful degradation... It's a poster child for how businesses get bamboozled by off the shelf answers. Thus their home page blowing 540k of markup on delivering 2.15k of plaintext, 15 content media, and three dozen links... That's not even 14k of HTML's flipping job!

I wonder how much business they lose because of the slow loading scripting-heavy garbage website.

Though it's more likely that reporting to the BBB just lights a fire under their backsides.

That could definitely affect warranty support and other issues. It shouldn't have that big of an effect on answering a email or picking up the telephone. If they continue like this I think the level of business they do could drastically change after covid uptick, if you can call it that. We may eventually need to start a website for lightly used Aventon bikes to recoup money to buy a bike from a dealer willing to support their product. Luckily so far so good with my bike, but not looking forward to resolving issues when I have a problem, if they continue to do business in this manner.

It shouldn't have that big of an effect on answering a email or picking up the telephone.r.
Thing is if they e-mails are routed through the same server, and the server is as badly configured, that could be tripping them up. I know from personal experience something as simple as missing RDNS records or proper MX domain settings can create all sorts of issues delaying, or outright blocking mails.

It's why for anything serious I usually tell businesses to route things like support through gmail, live, or some other larger service. It might feel "less professional" to have a @gmail.com mail address, but when it comes to uptime, availability without a specialty client, and spam filtering? Some folks might think it looks unprofessional, but that's nothing compared to dozens of customers sitting there for weeks waiting to hear anything from support.

Bought a level July 4, 2021. Came in 10 days, battery went out and by 60 days the replacement arrived.
I rode a few trips and 100+ miles total and saw the axle skewer was sticking out. I had lost the nut. So it was a pain to reach "chat" They refused to help and said to try to fill out warranty form.
I stopped and ordered a 15mm x 100 axle from China and it arrived in 2 weeks. I have NO reason to believe Aventon would produce and if they did, take 3 times as long for 55 dollars instead of 11 with free freight. 15mm is a very odd size and I called every OEM aircraft fastener place in town. 12mm is easy to find. Customer service is intentionally bad. Company is focused on shipping complete units in boxes and one day when the market is caught up, they will choke on excess inventory in the pipeline and in stock and get punished for bad service reputation.
The bikes that don't work are under lemon laws and they get in a different kind of trouble if they refuse to replace.

I purchased an Aventon Aventure eBike on May 17, 2022 which was said to be in stock along with a rear rack. Aventon's website says that shipping on in-stock Ebikes is 3-5 business days. It has been over 3 weeks since I placed my order and my card was charged. My bike has not shipped, and neither have I received any feedback regarding the status of my order. I have emailed Aventon 4 times and used the online chat function twice to get status updates regarding my purchase.

Each time I email I receive an automated response stating that my order has been delivered. I respond saying that the rack has been delivered which is of no use to me without the bike. Each time there has been no further communication. The customer service agent promised I would receive an email response to my query on 07-Jul-2022 as she was unable to provide me with an update via our live chat session. I received no email. I was promised a call from an agent. I have received no call. At this point, I just want my money back. I do not know how Aventon will be able to restore my confidence in them after such a terrible experience attempting to do business with them for the first time.

I purchased an Aventon Aventure eBike on May 17, 2022 which was said to be in stock along with a rear rack. Aventon's website says that shipping on in-stock Ebikes is 3-5 business days. It has been over 3 weeks since I placed my order and my card was charged. My bike has not shipped, and neither have I received any feedback regarding the status of my order. I have emailed Aventon 4 times and used the online chat function twice to get status updates regarding my purchase.

Each time I email I receive an automated response stating that my order has been delivered. I respond saying that the rack has been delivered which is of no use to me without the bike. Each time there has been no further communication. The customer service agent promised I would receive an email response to my query on 07-Jul-2022 as she was unable to provide me with an update via our live chat session. I received no email. I was promised a call from an agent. I have received no call. At this point, I just want my money back. I do not know how Aventon will be able to restore my confidence in them after such a terrible experience attempting to do business with them for the first time.
Which size and color did you purchase? I ordered my Aventure on May 8, a Large frame in Camo Green and it was not available. The website stated it could be available June 6. I received an email shipping notice on June 2 and it arrived on the 3rd. Out of the box and put together without an issue. Have 51 miles on it so far.

Which size and color did you purchase? I ordered my Aventure on May 8, a Large frame in Camo Green and it was not available. The website stated it could be available June 6. I received an email shipping notice on June 2 and it arrived on the 3rd. Out of the box and put together without an issue. Have 51 miles on it so far.
I ordered the Camo Green. It seems it was out of stock. They got back to me and said it wouldnt be available for shipment until June 21 so I changed the color to the SoCal Sand. That will ship tomorrow.

Well, you can add my name to the long list. Aventon's customer support and warranty support is absolutely terrible. Bought a new Aventon, rear brake was DOA, rear fender scratched in shipping. Had the local shop bleed the brake. I filed the warranty claims for the brake and fender. Received an automated response for only one of them. After several days and sending a few emails inquiring about status and receiving no response at all, I started a chat session on their website yesterday. I explained the situation and the rep seemed to have no clue. She said a tech would "email me within this day". I explained that I didn't need tech support and that I just needed to be reimbursed for the bike shop's bill for bleeding my rear brake. She replied that I would need to submit a copy of the receipt - which I had already done as part of my warranty claim, but she had no idea. I asked her to confirm that I'd receive an email response by the end of the day and she said I would. Well guess what, no response. Big surprise. Then yesterday after my ride my rear brake handle nearly fell apart when a pin dropped out of the assembly. Not impressed with the Zoom brakes at all.

If you're considering an Aventon, be very aware of the poor support after the sale. I had read the same but went ahead with my purchase, hoping for better luck, but nope.

I really wonder about the long term viability of the company. I'm getting the impression that they're a woefully understaffed, fly by night company. Their bikes get good reviews (although you do wonder about the objectivity of these YouTube "reviews" when the company sends the reviewer a free bike) but they really seem to struggle with keeping up with the most basic customer support requests. If they don't get it together another company will end up pushing them aside.

I really hope I'll be able to come back to this post soon and report that all has been resolved to my satisfaction.

although you do wonder about the objectivity of these YouTube "reviews" when the company sends the reviewer a free bike
*DING DING DING*

Very much this, though one also has to remember that most "reviewers" will post videos after a day. It's why I like to see reviews where they put a couple hundred miles on it instead.

Bought a level July 4, 2021. Came in 10 days, battery went out and by 60 days the replacement arrived.
I rode a few trips and 100+ miles total and saw the axle skewer was sticking out. I had lost the nut. So it was a pain to reach "chat" They refused to help and said to try to fill out warranty form.
I stopped and ordered a 15mm x 100 axle from China and it arrived in 2 weeks. I have NO reason to believe Aventon would produce and if they did, take 3 times as long for 55 dollars instead of 11 with free freight. 15mm is a very odd size and I called every OEM aircraft fastener place in town. 12mm is easy to find. Customer service is intentionally bad. Company is focused on shipping complete units in boxes and one day when the market is caught up, they will choke on excess inventory in the pipeline and in stock and get punished for bad service reputation.
The bikes that don't work are under lemon laws and they get in a different kind of trouble if they refuse to replace.

Well, you can add my name to the long list. Aventon's customer support and warranty support is absolutely terrible. Bought a new Aventon, rear brake was DOA, rear fender scratched in shipping. Had the local shop bleed the brake. I filed the warranty claims for the brake and fender. Received an automated response for only one of them. After several days and sending a few emails inquiring about status and receiving no response at all, I started a chat session on their website yesterday. I explained the situation and the rep seemed to have no clue. She said a tech would "email me within this day". I explained that I didn't need tech support and that I just needed to be reimbursed for the bike shop's bill for bleeding my rear brake. She replied that I would need to submit a copy of the receipt - which I had already done as part of my warranty claim, but she had no idea. I asked her to confirm that I'd receive an email response by the end of the day and she said I would. Well guess what, no response. Big surprise. Then yesterday after my ride my rear brake handle nearly fell apart when a pin dropped out of the assembly. Not impressed with the Zoom brakes at all.

If you're considering an Aventon, be very aware of the poor support after the sale. I had read the same but went ahead with my purchase, hoping for better luck, but nope.

I really wonder about the long term viability of the company. I'm getting the impression that they're a woefully understaffed, fly by night company. Their bikes get good reviews (although you do wonder about the objectivity of these YouTube "reviews" when the company sends the reviewer a free bike) but they really seem to struggle with keeping up with the most basic customer support requests. If they don't get it together another company will end up pushing them aside.

I really hope I'll be able to come back to this post soon and report that all has been resolved to my satisfaction.
I'm having an issue with Aventon Customer Care. The battery is defective and after going back and forth I sent videos as requested along with their own info from the website stating the green lights on the batter indicate 25% chg for each light. Mine never gets past 25%. It used to when I first got the bike last August. It is still under warranty and they do not seem to want to do anything about the battery not working. I would like to believe them that the lights mean nothing, but if they mean nothing, why are they there? The battery is expensive and I don't want to be sitting with the defective thing after the warranty period is over. I would never buy from Aventon again.

Came back to follow up. After approximately two weeks of waiting for a response for my warranty claims, I received a response from Aventon and they will be sending reimbursement in an amount that I'm happy with. To their credit, they apologized for the delay in responding.

My wife and I really like these bikes. They're not perfect but I think they're highly competitive in this price range. I would really like to see Aventon continue to do well. I wish them the best.

Last edited:
Just received my Aventon Level.2 and this is what the motor cable looked like when I took the bike out of the box. The plastic end cap protector must have come off during transit and the motor cable got crushed. Contacted 2 different Aventon support reps and sent them this picture. Both of them said they don't consider it a warranty issue, with the 2nd rep sending me 4 other photos from their other customers with similar situations as if to prove there is nothing wrong. Does that seem right to any of you? Am I being too picky? Should I keep the bike and fix it myself or send it back? What would you do?

20240320_173220.jpg

I purchased two Aventon Levels back in 2020. Still have one of them, see pics. That should not be a problem. The spring coil covering is non-functional. Looks normal to me. There is nothing to fix. I would not worry about it. Go ride and have fun!

Av1.jpg

Av2.jpg

Back